Talk

Advanced search

Best Easter family holiday you ever had?

(9 Posts)
Forgeteverythingandremember Wed 21-Feb-18 21:27:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
JaneEyre70 Wed 21-Feb-18 21:40:24

New York every time, love it there! April is a funny month for UK holidays - we've had some great weeks for weather and others where we've ended up with snow and blizzards and not been remotely prepared with shoes or outdoor clothing!! One memorable week was in Wales in a tin can of a caravan, when it snowed and the power went off - never been so utterly cold or miserable, kids begged us to come home grin.
Hate Barcelona - so spread out, didn't feel safe. Not something I'd consider with kids tbh.
Good time to visit Carribean too - not so wet or humid, a good AI resort with lots of activities could suit everyone.

tracelab Fri 23-Feb-18 12:43:12

Consider Amsterdam! Its a wonderful time of year to visit and there's heaps to do both in the city and around.

I'm an Amsterdam/Netherlands blogger and also the family blogger for the City of Amsterdam "I Amsterdam" website. Always really happy to help out if you have specific questions but take a look here for starters:

amsterdamwonderland.com/category/kids/

WickedGoodDoge Fri 23-Feb-18 13:39:09

Out of those, New York or Morocco. Bear in mind though that the weather in New York at Easter can range from glorious balmy spring weather to frigid bitterly cold windy weather!

Our best Easter holiday was to Russia! We did Moscow and St Petersburg, taking the overnight train between the two.

swimster01 Fri 23-Feb-18 18:56:17

Definitely the Maldives - can swim with whale sharks and manta rays that time of year.

budgiegirl Thu 01-Mar-18 20:34:11

Best Easter holiday we ever did was Florida/Caribbean (three nights in Fort Lauderdale, then 7 nights Caribbean cruise, then 7 nights in Orlando) It was fantastic.

But even better was this year at Christmas we did two nights Miami, then a cruise, then flew to New York for a few nights before heading home. Best holiday ever, and would be even better at Easter (it was bitterly cold in New York at Christmas).

Or you could fly to New York, then get a cruise from there to the Caribbean, best of both worlds, without so much flying.

Hoppinggreen Thu 01-Mar-18 21:47:22

We went to Nuremberg last Easter, loved it

ihatethecold Fri 02-Mar-18 08:50:03

Mexico. Loved it last Easter with 2 teens.
The swimming and snorkelling was excellent. I saw a wild turtle 🐢

reluctantbrit Sun 04-Mar-18 09:58:01

It depends what you want. In most European areas Easter holidays is a big hit and miss, can be nice, can be cold and miserable.

We go for the second time to the Caribbean, first time was St Lucia, 3 yars ago, this year Barbados. We went twice to my mum in Germany over the Easter break and while we had some nice and sunny days we also had rain and 5 degrees.

If I spend money I would prefer knowing what I get. I don't mind sc in England in Summer, even with rain it is fairly nice temperature wise but Easter is too unpredictable.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in