Talk

Advanced search

Holiday help please! Europe, 8 adults, 3 kids, 0-75 age range

(4 Posts)
Scout2016 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:58:49

Just wondered if anyone can help, please? We are trying to sort out a short haul family holiday for 3 kids 0-3 years, 6 x 30 somethings and two pensioners. Ideally it will be warm but not too hot, we won't have to do too much driving and there would be some things nearby for the grown ups to enjoy. Self catering is fine by us and we don't all need to be under the one roof or be doing things together all the time. Would be end of May / early June. I've looked at Landals and similar which looked good for the kids and for lazing about, but maybe hard to get to. I don't want the few drivers to get lumbered ferrying everyone about, or for the none parents to shell out extra for a child centred place. We all live fairly near large airports (although not the same one!) Actually, the more I consider this as I write it, the more I think I'm asking the impossible, but ticking a few boxes would be a start. Any ideas very gratefully received, thank you.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 13-Feb-18 22:15:36

What about individual apartments on a development eg Monte Dourado, Monte Carvoeiro or Quinta do Paraiso in Carvoeiro on the algarve. All walking distance of the village, beach, restaurants, or a short taxi ride as there are hills

I live in Carvoeiro - happy to answer any questions

NotEnoughCushions Tue 13-Feb-18 22:20:29

It's been a few years since we went but Mar Menor Golf Resort might fit the bill - you might find one big villa or two close by.

It's a quiet resort, a short drive or taxi ride to the beach but quite a few places to explore close by if you don't mind a bit of driving - Murcia, Cartagena are both lovely and there are some, fairly typically Spanish, beach resorts 10-15 minutes away. If you can fly into San Javier airport it's a really short transfer.

If I remember rightly there's an Intercontinental hotel within the resort with restaurants that non-residents can use and a couple of restaurants a short walk away.

Scout2016 Tue 13-Feb-18 22:51:44

Thank you both - not heard of these suggestions and will definitely check them out in the morning. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: