Talk

Advanced search

A week in December-where to?

(5 Posts)
Paperdove87 Sun 11-Feb-18 23:58:52

Hi everyone!

I have recently received around £700 back from HMRC unexpectedly and I've decided to spend it on flights for DH and I.

I have a week off from the 27th December to the 4th January and I'd love some suggestions on where to go. We love city breaks but equally snorkelling and scuba diving etc. Wouldn't want to go somewhere with nothing to do but chill... not really looking to stay around France/Spain/Germany etc. Would like to go a little further afield.

We weren't sure if we'd be able to afford to go on holiday this year so really pleased this money means we might be able to. Have some money for accommodation/spending etc.

Thanks in advance!

AlpacaLypse Mon 12-Feb-18 00:39:53

Assuming there isn't a security problem at that time, somewhere on the Red Sea for snorkelling?

BarbaraofSevillle Mon 12-Feb-18 09:16:50

Liveaboard prices for diving are cheaper than normal over New Year. I wouldn't normally go away over the Christmas/New Year period because it's more expensive than mid December or Mid January, but those prices are tempting and something we may do in the future.

Google Egypt Liveaboard and just look at what is available from the agents that come up. Or if you don't fancy a liveaboard, the big AI hotels in Hurgarda are pretty safe, well as far as we can be in the current climate, and often have an in house dive operator, so see what they offer.

Paperdove87 Mon 12-Feb-18 09:21:48

Both good ideas thanks! I'll have a look. I'm a teacher so restricted to expensive times to go away sadly.

Ricekrispie22 Tue 13-Feb-18 10:11:54

December would be perfect for Morocco. The flight time to Marrakech from London is 3.5hrs and the time difference is very little. Plus, most budget airlines fly there from all the main Uk airports. Loads to do: palaces, gardens, snake charmers, souks etc... There are some great day trips from Marrakech: Atlas Mountains, Berber villages, Kasbahs, desert safari (quad bike, camel or jeep) to name a few! ClubMed Marrakech would be my suggestion if you fancy accommodation with all the spa/sports/bar/restaurant facilities, but there are some lovely riads to stay in if you fancy something a little different.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: