Talk

Advanced search

Best Maldives resort for a couple?

(5 Posts)
whyhastherumgone Sun 11-Feb-18 20:14:46

Looking to book a dream holiday to maldives but have become boggled by the sheer amount of options and reviews.
We don't have tens of thousands but we don't have to scrimp either so I would look at something middleweight luxury.

Anyone been anywhere they can recommend? And which type of year would you say I've had such mixed recomm ndations so far!

whyhastherumgone Mon 12-Feb-18 09:27:29

Anyone? smile

Hersetta427 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:32:05

Our favourite is lily beach but I would definitely also consider veligandu, filitheyo , reethi beach, dhonveli and maybe thudufushi. All lovely mid priced resorts

mumofkyle Mon 12-Feb-18 11:50:12

It is a minefield isn't it?

We went to Oblu by Atmosphere Helengeli last September for our Silver Wedding Anniversary and after a week travelling around Sri Lanka is was a week of absolute heaven. The weather could have been better as we had a couple of afternoons of rain but it didn't ruin our day. The only thing we would have changed was there is only one main restaurant (there are only 100 rooms on the whole island) and one speciality restaurant.
Since coming home we have booked Kurumathi for November; this Island was recommended to us by one of the waiters as we are 'foodies' and there are 12 different restaurants. We have been advised to always go all inclusive which ever Island we chose as the costs of food and drink can be scarily high.
Best of luck with your decision you will have an amazing time!

bluesky Tue 13-Feb-18 13:59:21

www.baros.com/

Amazing little resort. I researched for months before we booked, so many options, I worked it out by thinning options out by what I didn't want, ie wasn't going to use a pool as had the sea, didn't need kids facilities as it was just us two, etc etc.

Baros is a boat ride away from the airport, the hotel collect you and whizz you across the turquoise waters. It was important that we stayed in a hotel with it's own reef, so we didn't have to go out on a boat each time we wanted to find some really good snorkelling/diving.

March was perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now