Talk

Advanced search

30 something solo traveller

(5 Posts)
Redtartanshoes Fri 09-Feb-18 21:34:39

Ds is going away at the vegging of July with his dad. I have 2 weeks to please myself.

I like wine and gin, a mix of lying by the pool baking myself and wandering around in the sunshine. Drinking wine. I’ll most likely be going myself, would be nice if there was other people to chat to, i take ds away twice a year and it’s always wall to wall families which means it’s pretty much the two of us. So I guess not a “family resort”.

I’m happy to travel, spend ££, bit I don’t want to be lonely, or feel like a weirdo.

Any suggestions? Because I haven’t got a clue

Redtartanshoes Sun 11-Feb-18 18:45:26

Bump

butterfly990 Sun 11-Feb-18 20:15:47

Something like this?

www.explore.co.uk/search?budget=2000&experiences=2&withFlights=1&page=1

I have traveled with Explore and Exodus in the past. Basically you travel in a group of roughly 16 people usually couples, solos and friends. They also do walking, cycling tours for individuals.

PandaPacer Thu 15-Feb-18 07:04:27

Ahhh that's my dream. I am even trying to convince my husband that we should each have a week holiday on our own, mostly so I can go to a slightly "dangerous" destination I wouldn't take my kids to! This is the website I go to to fantasise...
www.undiscovered-destinations.com/

I saw this article in the papers a few weeks ago - not sure if you are after a tour though!
www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/solo-holidays/Solo-travel-the-best-tour-operators-for-singles/

As for just lazing around, if it were me I would go somewhere like Sicily, Ischia, Capri, Corsica, Sardinia. Somewhere where I could combine touring around with lazing in the sun!

dkb15164 Thu 15-Feb-18 08:46:10

What about an interrailing pass for Italy or Spain? Stay at poshtels and you'll meet people through walking tours of the city no bother. Backpacking is a remarkably easy way to meet new people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now