Talk

Advanced search

Maternity travelling?

(3 Posts)
JustCatMumAtTheMo Fri 09-Feb-18 12:00:58

I've read a few things online about people packing up and going around the world on their maternity leave.. am I being unrealistic to think this is totally possible?
I've never had the opportunity to travel the world as I chose to buy a house at 21. And I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity to have a large period of time off work so was wondering if any future Mat leave might be a great opportunity.
Or am I just dreaming?

NickMyLipple Fri 09-Feb-18 12:04:42

I would absolutely love to do this...

Most of the families I read about rely heavily on sponsorship and it's quite a task to update the blogs/twitter/facebook every day to ensure the sponsorship continues.

I also feel like as this is first baby, our parents would be gutted that they wouldn't be involved during the first year. That though alone puts me off.

I had a friend who did it when I was at primary school and so I wonder if it's better to wait a few years and properly plan and save?!

Wishful thinking I think....

Nomad86 Fri 09-Feb-18 13:29:11

Why not compromise and do adventurous trips that are 2 weeks each? You don't have to take one big block of leave and see everything at once. We've taken our toddlers on train holidays and they've seen lots of countries. We're saving the more adventurous stuff for once they're old enough to remember it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now