Talk

Advanced search

Passports and booking flights

(5 Posts)
Linnet Tue 06-Feb-18 15:36:01

A family member is booking flights for a holiday we’re all going on later this year. They’ve contacted me to ask for all our passport numbers for when they go to book the flights. My dds passport has just been sent away to be renewed, will they still be able to book the flights without it and add it in at a later date? Or will they have to wait until we get it back? It’s been so long since I booked a flight I can’t remember if I had to put in passport numbers at time of booking or not.

WhatHaveIFound Tue 06-Feb-18 16:18:19

They should only need your DD's name as it will appear on her passport. So first name & surname. The API information (passport number and expiry date) can normally be added later.

LIZS Tue 06-Feb-18 16:20:55

You can add the passport details (API) nearer the time, so apply for the renewal now. The name on booking and passport has to match from now.

Frazzled2207 Tue 06-Feb-18 16:53:26

Airline websites typically ask for this at the time of booking but you don't actually have to provide it until a few days before in most cases. Just make sure the name is correct.

Linnet Fri 09-Feb-18 22:03:47

Thanks for your replies, the flights are booked now and we’ll give them the number once the passport is back.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: