Talk

Advanced search

Ibiza Recommendations

(7 Posts)
GodLovesATrier Sun 04-Feb-18 21:45:49

Have always liked the idea of Ibiza but not sure where to go as a family. Any suggestions/ recommendations? We’re a family of 2 adults and 2 young boys (6 and 3). We need a beach, a pool, nice bars and restaurants nearby and a bit of something to see nearby for the adults. Help!

Helipad Tue 06-Feb-18 16:45:54

I'd recommend going either to Menorca or Mallorca rather than Ibiza grin Ibiza is the least pretties of the balearics but most expensive. Unless you are hard core party animal, your money is better spent elsewhere. Everything attracts a premium price in Ibiza.

We had a two week holiday there in Aug 2015 (my DS were 8 &5 at the time) and like you, I always had fancied holidaying there. We booked a family hotel but even though it was mainly full of actual families rather than party people, there was a cacophony of dance music by the pool because so many middle aged dads had their phones blaring music out on full volume. "it's Ibiza innit" was one middle aged dads' response when someone complained about his stupid iPhone music (wasn't me).

We stayed on all inclusive basis in Grand Palladium which was a dump. Food was ok but it really doesn't warrant it's 5 star rating. Dirty plastic cups on the hotel corridor for several days, one of the pools were closed FIVE times during our stay because there was poo in the water. I complained but hotel didn't really care. I've stayed in all sort of holiday complexes and only once before the pool had to be closed because of a poo incident. But in this place it was five bloody times during one stay. There were many other incidents that were either gross or irritating, I really don't understand how the hotel gets such a good reviews on trip advisor.

So if you decide to go, don't go to Grand Palladium grin

Oblomov18 Tue 06-Feb-18 16:52:26

Ibiza is great. Been many times as a family. NE side of Island has nice places:
Es Cana, santa Eularia, Cala Llenya, Cala Llonga.

Have stayed in all of those and they are all lovely.

implantsandaDyson Wed 07-Feb-18 07:42:21

We've stayed in all places mentioned by Oblomov18 grin loved them all. Santa Eulalia is probably our favourite, we've been a few times.

Onthedowns Thu 08-Feb-18 14:04:46

IBiza is a beautiful island, portinax in the north more family orientated we have been 7 times with and without children lots of lovely non club resorts

SusannahD Thu 08-Feb-18 19:40:14

Es canar is a lovely family resort, it is a beautiful island, if you want AI then I would recommend hotel Miami, right next to the beach and is a family hotel.

GodLovesATrier Sun 18-Feb-18 22:40:55

Thanks to all of you. Great recommendations. Ibiza is still on my list but have plumped for Croatia for Summer 2018!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now