Talk

Advanced search

Feb half term last minute treat

(15 Posts)
Bumblebzz Sun 04-Feb-18 15:25:59

Hello
For various reasons we didn’t have a good Christmas/New Year together as a family and we now have the opportunity to take some time off for Feb half term. Problem is I can’t figure out what to do.
Have one pre schooler and one primary school age. Looking for a little luxury for the parents and some fun for the children. Was considering a Woolley Grange type place but also wondering if there exists a great family hotel with a heated pool somewhere like Spain. So many places have seasonal in heated pools.
Budget is flexible because if the hotel is £££ we’ll just do a shorter trip (~3 nights) rather than the full week. Actually prefer not to be away for 7 nights anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Bumblebzz Sun 04-Feb-18 15:26:46

*seasonal unheated

CraftyGin Sun 04-Feb-18 15:27:21

Centerparcs on the continent?

Robindrama Sun 04-Feb-18 15:35:25

www.granderealsantaeulalia.realhotelsgroup.com check that one

Brighteyes27 Sun 04-Feb-18 16:58:35

I would look at Ribby Hall, Centre Parcs or Crieff Hydro all in the UK.

CraftyGin Sun 04-Feb-18 17:03:14

We had a horrible time at Crieff Hydro sad

Brighteyes27 Sun 04-Feb-18 17:46:14

Aw sorry we stayed their a goodly few years ago and it was really good.
If the indoor pool onsite isn’t essential you could maybe look at Augill Castle.

bunbunny Sun 04-Feb-18 18:38:32

Another vote for Centre Parcs on the continent.

We did Het Heijderbos which had a second big indoor dome that was a bit like the jungle zone on the Crystal maze crossed with an amazing soft play centre. Except it wasn't very soft - all ropes and wooden climbing things and caves with a stream running through so you couldn't let little ones loose on their own but it was great fun doing it all together. I think one of the Belgian ones has something similar but pirate themed. My dc were 3 and 6 when we went and they loved it.

dontknowwasmadetoknow Sun 04-Feb-18 20:01:43

Have you looked at potters resort in Norfolk

We went in October half term and had a great timer

leccybill Sun 04-Feb-18 20:03:48

Cbeebies hotel and waterpark at Alton Towers? They have lots of events on in the hotels over half term.

user1486076969 Sun 04-Feb-18 20:07:36

Ickworth

bakingaddict Sun 04-Feb-18 20:13:37

Aquaworld Budapest, water park connected to Ramada hotel where their own pools are heated to 38C. Lovely at 10pm in the evening to be looking at the stars whilst in the pool I think countries were they have a long tradition of bathing do this kinda thing really well

Bumblebzz Sun 04-Feb-18 21:24:36

Wow thanks for all the replies! Am off to research these now...smile

Reallycantbebothered Sun 04-Feb-18 22:00:40

Know it's not abroad, but Gleneagles Hotel in Perthshire is amazing and has great activities for kids as well as adults!

Nearlyadoctor Sat 10-Feb-18 13:38:40

Bedruthan Steps Hotel and Spa in Cornwall

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now