Talk

Advanced search

1st time in Paris with a teenager. Best places to visit

(12 Posts)
mumma24 Fri 02-Feb-18 20:44:42

We have booked 2 days in Paris with our teenager daughter. Suggestions please to get the most out of our visit and any fun suggestions a bonus πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Š

OP’s posts: |
TheWelshDragon Fri 02-Feb-18 20:50:13

I loved the jardin du luxumbourg and the natural history museum. Theres also a zoo, an aquarium, crepe stands, lovely bistros, great hot chocolate, Versailles, musee d'orsay (better in my opinion than the louvre).

mumma24 Fri 02-Feb-18 23:02:06

Great 😊 Thank you

TheWelshDragon Sat 03-Feb-18 00:23:22

I haven't been to Paris with my teen but imagine she'd love eating crepes on the street, after watching them being made especially with nutella! I know they make them here too but they're so much better at it there! grin

The Eiffel tower is pretty impressive, especially on the hour at night when it lights up and twinkles.

The gardens at versailles are beautiful in the summer.

mumma24 Sat 03-Feb-18 17:00:22

Thank you, looking forward to it πŸ˜€πŸ‡«πŸ‡·

Draylon Sat 03-Feb-18 17:54:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsElf Sat 17-Feb-18 17:10:47

Berthillon ice cream (on ile de la Citie). Fancy patisserie at least once, as previous poster advised!
I had to be dragged from the army museum aged 14, and would vote the arc de triomphe above the Effiel tower (see that from a boat, the boat trips are ok) but I appreciate that the Napoleonic wars may be a niche obsession interest.
We looked into the Norte Dame a couple of years ago when they had a music/light 'show' (audience of about 20 in that enormous, atmospheric space) on Thursday evenings which I loved, but I just checked their website and couldn't find any reference to it. The crypts were quite interesting though.

Worldsworstcook Sat 17-Feb-18 17:20:18

Val d'europ (Marne la Vallee) is a huge outlet shopping centre on the outskirts easily accessible by train. It's an outlet area, michael Kors, Givenchy, Chanel, Jimmy Choo, Armani etc - all the designer brands, you get huge savings - depending on your Dd and what she likes I'd maybe leave your credit card behind!!

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g226865-d668695-Reviews-Val_d_Europe_Shopping_Center-Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

honeyroar Sat 17-Feb-18 17:20:40

I used to live in Paris. I thought that the zoo was hideous - so many mentally ill animals. I also thought the Pompidou and Louvre were over rated! I'd do the Eiffle tower, Sacre Coeur and Champs Elysee. Pere LaChaise was my fave thing (especially Jim Morrisson's grave). The Bateau Mouche were good. Musee d'Orsay is nicer than the Louvre. Place Vendome (I think!) just off Place de la Concorde for the designer shops. Lafayette dept store. Just generally wandering around having crepes and coffee.

mamaryllis Sat 17-Feb-18 17:23:47

I took ten teenage girls for a day trip, and they were obsessed by the Eiffel Tower. None of them wanted to leave. It was by far the highlight of the day for them... I had to practically drag them away for a bus/ river tour.

mumma24 Thu 22-Feb-18 07:12:24

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Keep them coming 😊

crumpet Thu 22-Feb-18 07:16:57

A hop on hop off bus might be an idea- think you can get a 2 day pass, and ours also included a boat ride.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in