Talk

Advanced search

Taking a group of French people to London, any recommendations?

(10 Posts)
LadyKyliePonsonbyFarquhar Wed 24-Jan-18 18:16:49

I am accompanying a group of 7 French friends for a day trip to London in March and am looking for some ideas of where to take them. I am hoping to walk along south bank and possibly sky garden. Anywhere else we can go? And does anyone have a restaurant recommendation for somewhere typically British that's not too pricey? Our budget is £25/30 pp.

OP’s posts: |
Pollaidh Wed 24-Jan-18 18:29:45

I recommend a trip on one of the river buses, it's not a guided tour or anything, it's an actual commuter boat that goes down the thames. You can use Oyster. I work in London frequently and only see my little bit (Westminster) and generally disliked London. Then one day I took that boat down the river and saw all the cool sites and realised why people love it so much. It was like the opening scenes of Sherlock.

LadyKyliePonsonbyFarquhar Wed 24-Jan-18 18:44:34

That sounds good, weather permitting and I guess we could go down to Greenwich.

LadyKyliePonsonbyFarquhar Wed 24-Jan-18 18:46:43

I will also have to think about how we will get around. I know I can use my contactless debit card, but will I need to get individual visitor Oyster cards for them or a day travel Card?

Ricekrispie22 Wed 24-Jan-18 18:55:19

Take them past Shakespeare's Globe, over Tower Bridge and around the outside of the Tower of London.

Ricekrispie22 Wed 24-Jan-18 18:59:42

For lunch you could have an afternoon tea. This article has some great low cost suggestions www.tripsavvy.com/cheap-afternoon-tea-in-london-1582284

Pollaidh Wed 24-Jan-18 19:02:20

Yes, it's the trip down to Greenwich I'm thinking off.

Not sure about the travel, sorry. TfL website can probably help. Suspect smartphones now possible.

Pollaidh Wed 24-Jan-18 19:02:26

of, duh

LadyKyliePonsonbyFarquhar Wed 24-Jan-18 22:19:09

Thank you for that Ricekrispie Some very useful info there.

Onceuponatimethen Wed 24-Jan-18 22:20:57

Roast restaurant inborough market? Closeish to the globe

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in