Talk

Advanced search

Where can we go in April for a week? Where we can swim a lot and its hot.

(33 Posts)
Scabbersley Wed 24-Jan-18 11:44:15

I found a nice villa in Lanzarote but I hear its very windy in the north of the island.

Is there anywhere that's a no brainer for sun and relaxation?

OP’s posts: |
nbee84 Wed 24-Jan-18 11:48:44

If you're just after sun, swim and relaxing take a look at Cape Verde. It's 2 hours South of the vagaries so the weather tends to be a bit more reliable. Canaries in April can be lovely but you could also get cloudy and rainy days. You're right that the north of Lanzarote is windy.

nbee84 Wed 24-Jan-18 11:49:49

Canaries not vagaries grin

SandLand Wed 24-Jan-18 11:55:07

Middle East will be warm by that point.

Scabbersley Wed 24-Jan-18 12:01:32

dont fancy the middle east

We are fairly anti social so want quiet and not lots of noisy Brit families.

Cape Verde is coming in cheaper than Lanzarote at the moment!

Scabbersley Wed 24-Jan-18 13:02:06

having googled - cape verde sounds pretty grim.

So I'm back to lanzarote or mallorca...

Hoppinggreen Wed 24-Jan-18 21:59:48

My googling suggested Cape Verde is grim but a couple of people on here have recommended it

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Wed 24-Jan-18 22:05:22

Mallorca will be cool in April. We went in early May and needed jumpers. Google tells me the average temp in April is 14 degrees.
How about Morocco?

HeadDreamer Wed 24-Jan-18 22:49:56

All of Europe is still fairly cold at that time of the year. You need to fly further. If you don’t like the Middle East, how about Thailand, Malaysia (Langkawi), or the Maldives?

ChangingStates Wed 24-Jan-18 22:55:25

Gambia? Very small time difference so minimal jet lag, 5ish hour flight- if you get out of Banjul and head south it’s pretty off the beaten tourist track but some fab eco lodges if you have money (not expensive compared to some places) or more low key if you don’t. Warm with up to around 30 in the day and not rainy in April.

blue25 Wed 24-Jan-18 23:05:25

Have had lovely quiet, sunny holidays in April in Fuerteventura. It was windy at times, but that didn't bother us.

peachypops Wed 24-Jan-18 23:20:41

The temp in Lanzarote will probably be warm but the pools most likely cold. They have an irritating govt policy of not heating pools much... We love it so will be going in April but this time taking skinny wetsuits! If you want real heat and to be able to flop into a pool try Egypt or Barbados.

LuluJakey1 Wed 24-Jan-18 23:23:13

Have you looked at Northumberland? 🙂

noenergy Sat 27-Jan-18 07:57:48

I'm looking at Egypt for Easter as it's one of the only warm places I can find that isn't long haul. Temp should be early 30s. Looking at Hurghada with Thomas Cook flights or Easyjet.

MissEliza Sat 27-Jan-18 08:10:11

We've been to Egypt several times in April and it only let us down once due to freakish weather. Look for a resort called El Gouna which is near Hurghada but much nicer.

kaz2810 Sun 28-Jan-18 16:48:01

We have been to Egypt twice in Easter hols twice and weather beautiful both times. Temp is normally early 30's at least.

Reallycantbebothered Mon 29-Jan-18 16:04:53

What's your budget?...you could try Cuba or other Caribbean islands....great time to go weather wise and beautiful sandy beaches and warm water

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 29-Jan-18 22:14:42

I was going to suggest Cuba. Fantastic place.

superram Mon 29-Jan-18 22:32:41

I like lanzarote and always have a heated pool-I am antisocial so stay in villas in los mojones in puerto del carmen and eat around the port. Gambia is awful-I would never go back.

BubblesBuddy Fri 02-Feb-18 01:37:54

If you want somewhere lovely with a great beach, then it’s the Caribbean. Somewhere boutique and small. Hire a yacht in the BVIs for a week if you can afford it. Or a villa there. Just brilliant. Virgin Gorda is great or Peter Islsnd. Cuba is full of AI hotels so not very relaxing in my view. Antigua is lovely and they have the regatta in April.

You can’t get sun for under 8 hours flying time if you don’t like the Middle East.

Draylon Fri 02-Feb-18 12:05:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnyFucker Fri 02-Feb-18 12:10:55

If you only want short haul then you cannot beat Lanzarote

The weather will be generally good in April. Playa Blanca in the south is not overly windy and is a very laid back resort. Lots of wondeful private villas to choose from with pool heating.

We went last March/April and had temps of 22-24 wth the sun very hot when it is shining. The clouds come and go quickly and we had one half day of drizzle then the sun came out again. Cooler first thing and in the evenings.

We are off there again in a couple of weeks smile

Hersetta427 Fri 02-Feb-18 12:20:22

Second Hurghada. the weather in April will be 30 degrees plus.

10thingsIhateAboutTheDailyMail Fri 02-Feb-18 12:22:38

Spain can be lovely in April, somewhere South like Malaga?

10thingsIhateAboutTheDailyMail Fri 02-Feb-18 12:23:17

Saying that, to me 17C plus is,warm enough to swim grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in