Talk

Advanced search

A classy all-inclusive?

(28 Posts)
MakeMineADoubleGin Thu 11-Jan-18 21:15:09

DH and I have never done an all-inclusive before, and we're thinking this is the year to give it a bash. DDs will be 7 and almost 5, and we'd like somewhere with a decent kids club, beach, good weather...the usual!
A bit overwhelmed with the choice - we're thinking Med, Canaries, Balearics etc., rather than long haul (as much as I'd love Maldives or similar), and I'd love it to be somewhere a bit classy/luxury, although the budget is decent but isn't that massive!
Any ideas/recommendations please?

jolufc Thu 11-Jan-18 21:48:50

We found Mexico not much dearer than Europe for all inclusive. Booked flights via Mexico City and hotel separate. Stayed at the Grand Palladium and Hard Rock Hotel. Fabulous service and food.

Lifeonrepeat Sat 13-Jan-18 02:21:13

Look at Ikos in Greece - went there two years in a row. Amazing!

Greensleeves Sat 13-Jan-18 02:23:23

Marking place grin hoping for tips on all-inclusive that isn't the egg-and-chips-and-karaoke variety

summerlovingliz Sun 14-Jan-18 16:38:02

Also marking place.. one can dream grin

Bearbhat Sun 14-Jan-18 19:53:15

Check out Hotel liberty Lydia, olu deniz, Turkey - large all inclusive on mountain side overlooking the blue lagoon.. just stunning..

Bearbhat Sun 14-Jan-18 19:53:49

Lykia

dissapointedafternoon Sun 14-Jan-18 21:52:14

Love this post.
I have also got terrible visions of ham egg and chips with fish bowls of cheap liquor..
We are free spirits but the thing is we like the finer things in life!
Portugal may be good if you can find something near Monte do Quinta. Can't remember if they do all inclusive.
My husband said he won't be going to the Algarve again. It's so nice there sad

DurhamDurham Sun 14-Jan-18 21:56:40

We went to a lovely hotel in Malta, it was a db hotel and there were about six restaurants to choose from as well as the usual buffet. You had to book them but they were included in the price. There was a family end of the pool and an adults only end, the kids seemed to be having a fab time..... we were a party of four adults so enjoyed watching families having fun from the peaceful safety of the adult only end (with its own cocktail bar!)
We had day trips to Gozo and Valletta. It was a lovely holiday and the food never got repetitive or boring.

sthitch Sun 14-Jan-18 22:26:37

Check out the sensatori in Tenerife - absolutely beautiful location, stunning hotel, great food and drink. I’ve done lots of package holidays on the more luxury level (not so many now DD is here!) and this wins hands down. I hope we can take her before we have to start having school holiday-holidays.

Another place that’s nice is the sensatori in Crete- not as big or as luxurious, but a fantastic location, amazing kids pool and the food was great- there’s a number of different types of restaurants included within the all inclusive element -this is also the same at the sensatori Tenerife.

sthitch Sun 14-Jan-18 22:28:30

^just to add, we did full board (drinks included at meal times) they also give you 20euros per day for not having your room cleaned so that helps towards drinks bill.

cheshiremama89 Sun 14-Jan-18 22:31:10

Maldives - Lily Beach
Maldives - Olhuveli
Maldives - Chaaya Lagoon
Mexico - Sensatori

cheshiremama89 Sun 14-Jan-18 22:32:03

Sorry just seen you didn't want Maldives!
My friends with small children have stayed at Hillside in Turkey and raved about it xx

ihearttc Mon 15-Jan-18 16:24:21

We stayed in Sandos San Blas for a week in August (it's in Tenerife). Its all inclusive but really lovely.

FizziWater Tue 16-Jan-18 15:52:28

Have you thought of a cruise?

Luxembourgmama Tue 16-Jan-18 15:55:43

I went to Martinhal last year and found it fantastic. ITs in portugal

KatharinaRosalie Wed 17-Jan-18 20:39:28

zafiro Palace in Majorca, they have 2 different resorts there. Nice 5 star with plenty of activities for DC

Kenworthington Wed 17-Jan-18 20:42:22

We went for two weeks to sensatori in fetiyhe, Turkey. It was amazing. We would LOVE to go back

Sani Beach, Ikos chain or Maryinhal would work. New Sensatori Rhodes looks like it’s going to be lovely too

Moggie45 Wed 17-Jan-18 20:47:14

Recommend Moon Palace hotel in Mexico, was there for half term with 7 and 6 year old. Was fantastic.

RJnomore1 Wed 17-Jan-18 20:48:34

Try Sicily

AndersArms Wed 17-Jan-18 20:55:12

We recently stayed at a Hotel Riu in Sri Lanka which was great. They have some sister hotels in Europe including in Spain and Portugal.

minimalist99 Wed 17-Jan-18 21:06:58

Another vote for sentasori in fethiye Turkey.

Hersetta427 Wed 17-Jan-18 21:35:41

The maxx royal in belek, turkey.

Hersetta427 Wed 17-Jan-18 21:37:34

Your kids however may prefer the hotel next door which is the voyage belek. It has water slides, a funfair. 8 restaurants and is 24 hr branded inclusive plus branded ice creams for the kids. It was brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now