Talk

Advanced search

bagshot rush hjour?

(10 Posts)
suepot1 Sat 30-Dec-17 16:01:23

I am moving to Bagshot and have to be in Bracknell for 7.50am, I need to know how long it will take......also, what is Bagshot like? thanks.

OP’s posts: |
NightRaven52 Sat 30-Dec-17 16:07:36

The dual carriageway going towards Bracknell from Bagshot is horrendous for traffic, however it is very easy to get the train (change at ascot). Bagshot is a nice little place, there are many great amenities nearby in Camberley, it's close to Frimley Park Hospital and the Lightwater Country Park (can walk over motorway bridge to it) is lovely for walks.

I have lived in Lightwater (just the other side of M3 to Bagshot) most of my life so if you have any questions about the area feel free to message me

suepot1 Sat 30-Dec-17 18:03:12

Thanks for that, Unfortunatley I will probably have to drive.....how long do you think that I should give myself?

trilbydoll Sat 30-Dec-17 18:04:39

At that time it'll be okay I would have thought, a bit busy but 7.45 is probably the time it starts grounding to a halt. I'd take the Google maps time and add 10 minutes I think.

suepot1 Sat 30-Dec-17 18:05:30

Infact, it says on aa route planner that it is less than 7 miles and will take abot 23 mins, but I assume that is not during rush hour.!

MikeUniformMike Sat 30-Dec-17 18:06:47

Prince Edward lives there and it's got a nice Waitrose.

suepot1 Sat 30-Dec-17 18:10:32

Oh, lovely... so you think if I give myself 40 mins, that should be plenty of time, sorry to go on, but I would have liked to have done a trial run, but cannot come up until the day before I start my new job.

Svalberg Sat 30-Dec-17 18:27:32

I commuted from the M3 to Bracknell for nearly 2 years (finished recently) to arrive between 8 and 8:30 ish. Most of the time it was ok (especially after they finished the Coral Reef traffic lights). Occasionally it was bad but there was no prior warning that it would be! You need something like the Waze app as a Sat nav, & whatever you do, don't go down Swinley Rd to join London Rd towards Bracknell as it takes forever.

You'll have more problems going home, I rarely used the A322 for that, I went through Ascot/Sunningdale usually.

suepot1 Sat 30-Dec-17 18:53:28

Thanks for all of your help, do you think that if I give myself 40 mins that will be ok, I cannot do a trial run, as I am only moving up the day before I start work..

Svalberg Sat 30-Dec-17 19:03:31

I would have thought that would be fine.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in