Talk

Advanced search

Early start for flight - tips

(4 Posts)
Yazi23 Fri 29-Dec-17 12:00:12

Off on holiday next week, we're staying at the Radisson airport hotel at East Midlands as we have an early morning flight the next day and need to be at the airport for 5am. Hotel is a two minute drive away.
any tips for a relatively stress free get up? I'm stressing over packing stuff for the airport hotel and then stuff for the actual holiday, some of which I need for both, some can be left in the car. Not looking forward to sorting it out at 4am!
We need to leave the hotel at 5, do you think setting our alarm for 4am should be adequate time? We'll grab breakfast in the airport.

Also any tips on sharing a room with a light sleeping 18mo for a week? His usual bedtime is 8 but I think we'll try and encourage a late afternoon siesta and keep him up until 10 then all go to bed at the same time. He won't sleep in his pushchair in the evening so I don't see any other option?

OP’s posts: |
Fadingmemory Fri 29-Dec-17 17:14:17

For once, put your son to bed in his clothes. In the morning, up, milk, nappy change and leave. Have as little as possible in the room - minimum of toiletries (hotel will provide some). Minimum of clothes - nightwear and clean underwear for you both. Have a family siesta on holiday?

Yazi23 Fri 29-Dec-17 18:04:23

Thanks fadingmemory. I think I might put him in his pjs but leave him in them if we're running short on time and change him once we're through security. I'll just have to make a big list and work off it.

OP’s posts: |
user9217 Fri 29-Dec-17 19:26:05

I've always taken ds on holiday in his pjs (twice at 4 months and 9 months) then milk nappy and in the car with a blanket for early starts... luckily it was in the summer so didn't have to worry about being cold. As pp said, have as little out for the morning as you possibly can. Make sure everything is packed before you go to bed leaving toothbrush clean underwear hairbrush etc out then can just go in at last minute. Good luck grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in