Talk

Advanced search

Where to stay in Bali

(5 Posts)
FreemanHardyandWalnuts Sun 17-Dec-17 09:33:54

Flights booked to Bali for 2 weeks at Easter but not sorted a hotel yet. Me, dh and dds aged 9 and 13. Any recommendations for areas to stay or specific hotels would be gratefully received. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Elmosmum Wed 20-Dec-17 18:07:50

In Bali it's very easy to get around and see the entire place via a driver. Therefore I'd stay in Seminyak especially with kids. It's geared up for tourists and has a great beach and some really good hotels. (We stayed in a small one called room and Vespa but it was only a few rooms).

Ubud was a bit rough round the edges for me and I got really ill. Candidasa was lovely but very quiet- we did get the boat over to gilli trawangan though which I'd awesome but wouldn'treccomend the boat trip with kids.

Therefore seminyak is a good base with good facilities- enjoy 

GoodQueenWensleydale Wed 20-Dec-17 19:35:55

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about getting a driver. Is that something to book before we travel or would the hotel be able to help us find someone suitable?

Elmosmum Wed 20-Dec-17 20:38:44

Your hotel would be able to sort something out easily

KellyMarieTunstall2 Wed 27-Dec-17 16:12:17

Hi
We've been to a Bali several times with our children and have stayed at the Komaneka Bisma and Monkey Forest in Ubud. Bisma is our favourite. Wonderful hospitality.
In Sanur we have stayed at pondok Ayu, which is a very small boutique hotel, very cheap and impeccable service. A driver is included for local travel.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in