Talk

Advanced search

Lapland - TUI changed itinery!! :0(

(9 Posts)
Sarahr22 Wed 13-Dec-17 21:02:35

So flying with TUI on Monday to Levi. Just called me to say they have changed itinery!!! So land on Monday, Tues was supposed to be taster sessions in morning but now that’s a free day and moved taster sessions to the same day as Santa day on Wed and fly home Thurs!! Think it will be all too much to cram it all into one day with a 6 year old and now have a free day on Tuesday with nothing planned. Feel gutted and TUI say either cancel or £60 compensation for change!!!! Feel like it’s ruined now. Any thoughts?

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 14-Dec-17 07:13:30

Look and see if you can go dog sledging. Contact the local tourist board. They will be super helpful. We went with Tui for flights, but I arranged everything ourselves with the tourist board. It was excellent.

Taster skiing I assumed??

We saw santa one day and the kids still skied (they can ski though), santa is gentle, if exciting. Mine were 7 and 4 at the time.

XmasInTintagel Thu 14-Dec-17 07:19:07

If you try for dog sledding, check what sort of sled and ages allowed! Also check your insurance covers this. We went and it was great, but v small sled for one standing and one sitting, not kids allowed under 12, and we had to shop around for insurance (some with ski ing cover did not cover this).

Rainybohoho Thu 14-Dec-17 07:22:36

You’ll be fine OP, honestly!

I know it sounds like a lot to cram in, I had the same feeling as ours were all booked into one day. We did a snowmobiling excursion and then Santa’s trip in the same day and it was fine.

Agree with previous poster about getting on a husky trip on your free day, its amazing! Also there are shops, restaurants, a teeny Christmas market, and sledges absolutely everywhere. If you go round to the ski slope there is a small hill for sledging.

I promise you won’t be bored on one day and overwhelmed on the other. Have amazing fun!

PotteringAlong Thu 14-Dec-17 07:22:40

Could be worse; TUI cancelled the Lapland trip from Newcastle this weekend on the morning of the flight...

XmasInTintagel Thu 14-Dec-17 07:23:39

I'd ask tui, in writing if poss) what they have in mind for that day. Its a highly organised trip ( and expensive!) in an unusual environment, for young DCs, its not like you can all get in the car and find your own entertainment. They're a cheeky bunch doing that!

maddiemookins16mum Thu 14-Dec-17 07:27:22

I've been to Levi, a free day is great as you can go sledging at the ski slope there. The days are so cold and dark (it never gets light) that this is great fun.
Most hotels have plastic sledges you can borrow.

Sarahr22 Thu 14-Dec-17 08:27:49

Thanks you all that's really helpful. Just spent so much time looking at various options for Lapland and then they change things last minute. I have calmed down a bit about it today. I think however we have left it too late now to book to get on any activities. Also any recommendations for restaurants etc in Levi would be appreciated.

Rainybohoho Thu 14-Dec-17 09:15:40

I didnt go with TUI, went with Inghams, but there were still bookable activities through the reps on the morning we arrived (there was a welcome meeting) and the hotel also did some.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: