Talk

Advanced search

Travel insurance that covers child care failure

(4 Posts)
PatrickT Wed 06-Dec-17 22:13:30

Hi All,

Can anyway give any recommendations or advice on travel insurance that will offer cover in the potential situation of our child care falling through?

Myself and wife are off for a week in the summer and have made arrangements for Grandma to look after the kids. But if she can't for some reason (illness, family emergency) then obviously the trip would have to be cancelled.

Does anyone know of a policy that might cover this possibility?

Thanks!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 07-Dec-17 10:43:12

I assume you've spoken to your current insurance provider?

mummymeister Fri 08-Dec-17 14:32:44

I very much doubt that you will find anyone that covers this as standard. therefore you will looking into non standard policies and these can be pretty horrendous in terms of costs. I suggest you start looking around now at a plan B. speak to a child care agency and assess what their costs would be for last minute cover.

Or perhaps there is a family member who could be on standby.

you might find that rather than insure against it, your time is best spent finding someone who could step in and cover if needed.

Rafflesway Sat 09-Dec-17 16:59:45

I would suggest you contact BIBA - British Insurance Brokers Association, OP
www.biba.org.uk/contact/

We need unusual travel cover concerning our disabled adult dd who doesn’t travel with us and we’re advised to contact BIBA. They found a company who were able to offer us excellent cover at a very reasonable price within 24 hours.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: