Talk

Advanced search

Canaries ( islands not birds!)

(6 Posts)
bayleaf Tue 02-Jul-02 12:45:41

Anyone been to the Canaries and can recommend a good island/resort for boring late 30s couple with 18 month old dd - no loud bars, no clubbing, no tack ( ideally!) we'd ideally like some sort of mini break in october - but am not sure where to start looking as have never been and know little about them except that they're good for cheap, close winter sun!

Dizzymummy Tue 02-Jul-02 13:40:18

Fuerteventura was lovely - I went there when I was about 7mth pg. We stayed in a hotel called the Jandia Princess (the resort is also called Jandia)which is on the sea front (there are lots of steps though!) There are 3 pools (one indoor)and the grounds are lovely. We are planning to go again with our dd who is now 14mths. The only reservation I would have is that there are lots of steps to get onto the beach which may be a bit difficult with a buggy.

hope this helps

helenmh Tue 02-Jul-02 14:51:19

I would recommend Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. Nice pedestrianised seafront. Two nice sand beaches. Pleasant child friendly restaurants and local character
helen

Tillysmummy Tue 02-Jul-02 15:35:42

Fuerteventura is very good for nice quite atmosphere.

bee Tue 02-Jul-02 16:29:40

We went to Corralejo in Fuertaventura. Nice complex, right on the beach and quite near the fantastic sand dunes. Short transfer time (about 30 mins I think). The town of Corralejo is pretty, with some nice cafes right on the beach, also you can go on a lovely glass-bottomed boat trip and feed the fish (about £6 a head I think).
We stayed at Las Agujas with Direct Connection. It was about 25 mins walk from the centre of the town but there is a little mini train which runs in a circle every 20 mins or so, and costs 1 Euro. We had a great week in April, and would recommend it. (I think you could get it cheaper if you booked direct with the hotel, maybe).

Anyway, have a lovely time

rosehip Tue 02-Jul-02 19:21:50

The Natura Palace Hotel in Playa Blanca Lanzarote should fit the bill perfectly. Now in the Thomson Platinum borchure, also Portland (direct). Read my post on www.holidaytruths.co.uk. This hotel fits the 'fussy families' bracket perfectly. Also have you ever considered cruising - P&O do lots of trips to the Canaries - so you can see them all!! very reasonable try cruise2cruise.co.uk or com? for some great offers - but be warned the children's facilities are SO good nothing else will ever compare ......

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: