Talk

Advanced search

Trainspotting

(4 Posts)
momandson281 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:51:24

Hi, my son loves trains and he says he wants to go off on some journeys to trainspot and upload to YouTube, they're only small journeys and he is only 11 but very sensible around trains, should I let him do it? Thank you and please leave your suggestions down below.

SJane45S Mon 11-Dec-17 11:21:28

If you're going with him, why not? Sit down and plan a days itinerary with him and book it online to save money and time. From your post, it looks like he wants to go alone - so no! 11 is a bit young. An alternative is to go together but stalk him at an 'acceptable' distance to give him more of a solo pioneer feel?!

mummylove321 Fri 15-Dec-17 21:17:46

I think he will be ok, just tell him to take his phone (if he has one), and write down the times and platform. Maybe only a 15-50 minute journey and he will be ok, also pack him with some food so he won't starve lol 😂 But i think he'll be ok 😀

rosy71 Tue 19-Dec-17 17:28:51

Ds1 likes to do this. He doesn't go alone though. We go for a day out somewhere on the train & he does a bit of trainspotting at the station when we arrive. We also go to our local station at certain times to see certain trains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now