Talk

Advanced search

Possibly daft insurance question

(6 Posts)
museumum Sun 03-Dec-17 13:27:15

Hi
Hoping someone can help?

We have annual multi trip insurance with you which expires early February 2018. We have booked skiing for half term.

Are we covered if accident or illness before the end of the policy requires cancellation as the holiday itself is after the end of the policy.
I will be renewing the policy when the time comes but just wondering if it’s any use at all right now?

Thanks!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 03-Dec-17 18:40:07

Funnily enough, I've wondered the same, but I came to the conclusion that you're insured for when something happens, not when the trip necessarily is.

mummymeister Mon 04-Dec-17 12:41:49

If you have an annual policy then you can renew it at any time. to be on the safe side, I would renew the policy now to begin immediately after the other one expires. that way you are definitely covered.

insurers do have a habit of wriggling out of things if at all possible and even the most dedicated of us can miss the small print.

specialsubject Mon 04-Dec-17 13:50:49

Not daft at all.

Call the insurers and ask, asap.

museumum Mon 04-Dec-17 17:29:06

I emailed them and they’ve confirmed that if we need to cancel up to the date of the end of the policy we are covered.
I will renew before it expires for continuity of coverage.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 04-Dec-17 19:12:50

Phew!...thought it must be the case, but thanks for confirming

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now