Talk

Advanced search

45 minute to get connecting flight at Zurich ?? Any tips?

(17 Posts)
ggirl Sun 03-Dec-17 11:39:29

Never done this before.
its friday before xmas
One ticket
one adult and teen

Have bought ticket already .

LIZS Sun 03-Dec-17 11:44:26

It isn't that big an airport but doesn't allow much for delays. Same or different terminal?

BrandNewHouse Sun 03-Dec-17 11:45:19

Baggage checked through/hand only?

BrandNewHouse Sun 03-Dec-17 11:46:14

If both flights Swiss you should be rushed from gate to gate (if on the same ticket)

ggirl Sun 03-Dec-17 11:54:32

doesn't state terminal
its swiss air to Zurich then air canada operated by swiss air
hand only

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 03-Dec-17 12:31:01

45 minutes is very likely too short a period of time. Who sold you such a tight connection time?.

AgentProvocateur Sun 03-Dec-17 12:33:51

Even if your first flight is on time, it’s not enough time to get off the plane and get to the next gate before it closes, I don’t think.

ggirl Sun 03-Dec-17 13:00:19

bugger
Bought on Netflights.com

surely it wouldn't be sold if it isn't possible ...grasping at straws here

BrandNewHouse Sun 03-Dec-17 14:27:08

Are they on the same or separate bookings

TheLastSoala Sun 03-Dec-17 14:29:51

Both operated by Swiss Air - then it should be plenty of time. Zurich is a small airport and they should rush you through.

Doesn’t leave room for delays though.

QuinionsRainbow Sun 03-Dec-17 14:32:21

* Zurich is a small airport and they should rush you through.*

Wasn't very small back in July this year. Especially if you have to use the little train to get from one part of the terminal to the other,

BeetrootTart Sun 03-Dec-17 14:40:11

Where are you flying to? Will you have to go through passports/security? It's possible but it's very tight.

Last time I connected in Amsterdam my bag got pulled aside for extra checks and it took 15 minutes for them to get to it. I then had to queue again for passport control. They have a 50 minute connection that I never book for this reason, it's not worth the stress.

expatmigrant Sun 03-Dec-17 15:45:49

If on time it should be doable. Check if departing from same terminal. If you have to go through second security/passport check, make it known that you are on tight connection and need to rush through.

ggirl Sun 03-Dec-17 16:01:55

thanks for advice everyone
it was all on same booking so sold as one trip with connection
flying on to Canada

Dh has emailed for advice from agent
it's him flying with son , dd and I flying earlier in the week direct -thank fuck

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 03-Dec-17 16:38:41

Their chances of actually catching this second international flight are slim to none if there is a delay in any part of their travelling. It took my DH over 30 minutes recently to pass through their security channels and signage there is poor too. They have slow and automatic passport gates there and the walk to the international terminal is also quite long; its by no means a small airport.

Such flights would indeed be sold, they are in this to make money after all. Customer care is but a secondary concern to such internet companies. What are their terms and conditions?

ggirl Sun 03-Dec-17 18:13:36

Swiss air have said on twitter:
Kindly note that the minimum connecting time in Zurich Airport is 40 minutes and your actual connecting time is 45 minutes. Therefore, it is a valid connection and will be enough time for you to make the connection

we shall see........

expatmigrant Sun 03-Dec-17 20:25:35

Make sure you can get back to the tweet...just in case. But if all goes well, you should be fine and have a great trip.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: