Talk

Advanced search

Long term accommodation near Dublin airport

(11 Posts)
Bodear Wed 29-Nov-17 11:21:19

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right place for me to post but I need to find some longer term (6 months +) accommodation near Dublin airport that is not awful and depressing but not horrifically expensive either. Up to an hour away in any direction would be fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

ThereIsIron Wed 29-Nov-17 11:23:59

Try Malahide

mirmc Wed 29-Nov-17 19:30:16

Malahide is gorgeous, but can be pricy. It's where the rich pilots live! Skerries is on the coast too and lovely, but a bit further from the airport (25 mins).

Bodear Wed 29-Nov-17 21:50:25

Definitely don’t fit into the rich pilots category so I’ll check out Skerries too. Thanks!

CharisMama Wed 29-Nov-17 22:01:46

swords? bound to be something in every price range there as it's a big town

horizontilting Wed 29-Nov-17 22:11:15

Also try posting in the craicnet topic on here. (Irish topic)

Littlebearcat Wed 29-Nov-17 22:14:22

Swords has a very nice Main Street with lots of cafes, restaurants etc. Portmarnock is lovely; it is near Malahide on the coast, but quieter and not as pricey, with a beautiful beach. You could also try Baldoyle, Sutton, Raheny, Killester all nice areas well within 30-45 mins to the Airport, depending on the time of day

Bodear Wed 29-Nov-17 22:49:40

Thanks all, that’s brilliant. I’ll check them out tomorrow. Thanks for the link CharisMama

mirmc Thu 30-Nov-17 13:54:32

Most property to rent is on the website CharisMama mentioned - daft.ie.

0hT00dles Thu 30-Nov-17 14:03:22

All depends on what you’re ideally looking for really, budget etc.

Daft.ie is your best option but you also need to be fast.

If you look at Santry, Swords, Malahide as your starting point and work your way out from there. There are loads of estates in and around santry/Swords now with options of house share/flat share.

Failing that, would Home stay be an option?

Bodear Mon 04-Dec-17 08:44:56

Thanks for all the ideas. What’s Home stay? I don’t think I’ve heard of that.
Does anyone know how quickly you can move in after viewing? Is a week do-able?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now