Talk

Advanced search

Lapland??

(4 Posts)
Sarahr22 Fri 24-Nov-17 08:04:09

Hello, we really wanted to book Saariskela for its quietness and the fact that you go off into woods to search for santa. However dates we can travel means that we are instead looking at Levis or Yllas. Any thoughts on which is better and which santa experience is the most magical.

Hotel options we have are:-

- Sirkantahi (Levi)

- Saaga (Yllas)

- Snow princess (Yllas)

Any help really appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
pinkhorse Fri 24-Nov-17 08:08:56

I went to yllas and stayed at the snow elf hotel but we went to the Snow princess hotel for our Xmas meal on the last day.
On the meal on the last day they cram you in like sardines and the food wasn't great tbh. Other than that the whole experience was totally amazing!

Sarahr22 Fri 24-Nov-17 09:00:03

Thanks. What is the Santa trip like at Yllas? I assume is not a "search for santa" but you just see him in a santa village? Worried about queues and it not being very magical?

Thanks v much :0)

OP’s posts: |
pinkhorse Fri 24-Nov-17 09:52:45

You go on a coach to a wooded type area. There are other activities like riding the snow mobile and sledging, indoor crafts etc so not everyone queues for father Xmas at the same time. Father Xmas is in a wooden hut and you queue a few minutes to go in (queue outside). It is lovely. My ds was talking about it on the school run this morning.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in