Talk

Advanced search

Seville - suitable for January with baby?

(8 Posts)
RedPandaMama Mon 13-Nov-17 16:50:01

I don't know anything about Seville in Spain, but we've priced up a weekend there mid-January really cheap. At 6-15 degrees C during the day it'll be much warmer than the UK. We have a (will be) 5 month old DD, is it suitable? Any travel tips for Europe with a small baby?

AnaWinter Mon 13-Nov-17 16:58:03

Seville is beautiful. Bear in mind that most toilets are tiny and have no baby changing facilities. It is very family orientated and you will see the locals out with the very young kids until midnight or later. There are some fab shops for kids clothes.

RedPandaMama Mon 13-Nov-17 17:52:11

AnaWinter that's really helpful thank you! Where does one change a baby if there are no facilities? blush new mum problems!

Hoppinggreen Mon 13-Nov-17 20:31:25

Make sure you have a folding changing matt in your bag
We have a place in Spain so have changed babies there frequently and it was unusual to find facilities- it was usually a (tiled) floor or laid flat in the buggy

ohamIreally Mon 13-Nov-17 20:41:57

You'll have a great time - good choice.

Sparklyuggs Tue 14-Nov-17 08:23:13

We went last March and every night there were lots of children out at dinner and babies asleep in prams. It's a gorgeous city and the food is fab; enjoy!

Teds77 Tue 14-Nov-17 13:02:18

Just a note of caution that if the temperature is at the lower end of those averages it won't be any warmer than the UK. I did a weekend in Jan in Seville and it really was pretty chilly!

Definitely check the forecast before you head off and pack a decent coat for you and warm stuff for baby if you are going to be out and about all day.

TakeMe2Insanity Sun 19-Nov-17 06:42:02

If you want to do museums and churches etc I'd definitely recommend taking a sling/carrier with you.

Nappy change happens a lot on the floor but quite often places did have change tables.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now