Talk

Advanced search

Stansted trains

(6 Posts)
Wizzwazzwas Sun 12-Nov-17 17:38:48

I am an infrequent flier, and not good with airports, but have no mobility issues.

If my plane is due to arrive at stansted at 12.30pm, what sort of time train should I be able to catch assuming the plane is on time? I will only bring hand luggage.

Hersetta427 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:06:47

Trains to Liverpool street are every 15mins and assuming your flight was on time you will comfortably make the 1.30 train.

Wizzwazzwas Wed 15-Nov-17 21:31:42

Thank you!

Paddybare Wed 15-Nov-17 21:37:31

I would say that was tight unless you’re on a domestic flight. If you are travelling in from outside the UK, passport control at stansted is hit and miss in terms of waiting times but I have in the past waited around 45 minutes to get through. Then there’s the time to actually get down to the station. Do you have to actually book a train at a certain time?

devondream Wed 15-Nov-17 21:40:42

The station is under the airport.
No need to book a certain train you can use your ticket on the next one.

As it is the end of the line there are always 2 trains waiting and the notice boards will tell you which leaves next.

There is free wifi on the train and at the tables wall plugs to charge your electronics.

Hope this helps.

Wizzwazzwas Fri 17-Nov-17 10:58:30

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: