Talk

Advanced search

Vaccinations - not sure what I need!

(5 Posts)
silvercucumbermonkey Sat 11-Nov-17 20:49:53

I hope somebody can help. I'm flying to India next month and I was looking at the vaccinations I need to get. About four years ago I was living abroad and I got some injections for a trip to Asia - I've since lost the paperwork (not helpful I know)

Do you know if I book the required vaccines/boosters it matters if I've had some already? I've got an up-to-date list to 2011. I find vaccines really confusing.....

Spam88 Sat 11-Nov-17 21:35:59

Would your gp have a record?

lljkk Sat 11-Nov-17 21:54:20

It won't hurt you to have repeats. I'd get them done if I were you.

specialsubject Sun 12-Nov-17 13:51:25

Travel clinic will advise - of course this will cost.

Remember you also need 24\7 high deet insect repellent to reduce odds ofof dengue etc.

Todamhottoday Wed 15-Nov-17 07:02:18

Visit your GP/practice nurse, if you were with them before they should have a record of your vaccinations. You may just need booster jabs, but check.

Depends on where your going but probably not need anything for malaria, but I'm not a medical expert, but live in India.

Believe me, take whatever is on offer to be on the safe side and my advice is to only use deet products to protect yourself (Jungle Formula Tropical), others may suggest different products, but it works for me. However the last week even having used deet and local spray I have been a buffet for our disease spreading mozzies and the bites have made me quite unwell.

If you want more info just ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now