Talk

Advanced search

Winter sun with a 7 month old

(9 Posts)
LivingDeadGirlUK Tue 07-Nov-17 22:50:09

I'm looking to book our first holiday since the arrival of our son. He will be 7 months in December. I want to go away for some sunshine before I return to work in January.

Pre baby I was a keen traveler doing regular city breaks and some backpacking. I appreciate the pace will need to change with the little one. We aren't really sit around the pool people but do want to relax a bit more than before, take it in turns to get some reading done etc.

So any suggestions of resorts/locations where a holiday with a baby will work, I'm apprehensive about travelling with a baby and the sheer amount of 'stuff' we will need to pack etc so some advice would be appreciated!

mummymeister Wed 08-Nov-17 09:38:55

If you want sun in January then you are talking about a 4 hour + flight. are you happy to do this? I would think about a hotel with ai and maybe look at Cyprus in Europe or Florida area in the USA.

2014newme Wed 08-Nov-17 12:33:21

Canaries? Plenty of baby friendly hotels check baby boltholes or tots too websites.

LivingDeadGirlUK Wed 08-Nov-17 12:38:42

Yeah the 4h + flight is a concern although we drive for longer than that each month due to my partners job so may be ok.

Ricekrispie22 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:46:23

Do you have a budget?

LivingDeadGirlUK Thu 09-Nov-17 20:55:55

I think up to £1000 total would be our budget.

Ricekrispie22 Fri 10-Nov-17 05:47:03

Hopefully you'll find this useful www.bestchildfriendlyholidays.co.uk/canary-islands/

somewhereovertherain Fri 10-Nov-17 07:26:41

We had a cracking week in Portugal las January cost us less than £500 for week in 5 star hotel, hire car and flights. Was very lucky with the weather. Previously done canaries in Feb but had a crap week weather wise.

This year going to Barbados cost a bit more but wanted it warmer.

somewhereovertherain Fri 10-Nov-17 07:27:12

Should say £500 was for two adults.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now