Talk

Advanced search

3 days in New York NO d/c, no d/h wheeee!

(9 Posts)
violetindigoblueandgreen Fri 03-Nov-17 11:18:27

I'm in New York - first ever trip - for work and have 3 days to myself. faints with excitement

What sights, activities would you recommend as unmissable?

Thanks for MN wisdom!

angelawilliams Fri 03-Nov-17 19:27:03

OMG I absolutely love New York so much! There is so much to do and see so I'd say make sure you prioritise the things that seem like your kind of thing. You've got to go to the top of the Empire State building (I went at night and it's so pretty!) and definitely take a trip to see a Broadway show if you have time and like them. A must is just going to Times Square and taking in the atmosphere, it's truly like no other place on earth smile Have the most amazing time! x

mrsRosaPimento Fri 03-Nov-17 19:38:16

Staten Island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. It’s free and runs regularly. Freedom Tower, Empire State, go up. We paid our respects at the twin towers memorial, which is beautiful.
Lincoln Square Steakhouse is amazing. Really delicious food. They bring you a taster selection of pudding too. The waiters were great. We went to The Plaza’s Champagne Bar. Amazing. Art Deco, so beautiful. The service was amazing. The waiters are telepathic. I don’t think my words are explaining how spectacular it was! Also we did the carriage ride in Central Park. Wear trainers we did so much walking. I love New York.

Ricekrispie22 Fri 03-Nov-17 19:46:09

Skip the Empire State and Rockefeller. Instead take the free ferry to Staten Island for amazing views.
Wander round Grand Central station and if you're peckish, grab something delicious from the famous Magnolia Bakery.
Take a stroll through Central Park to the Alice in Wonderland statue.
The 9/11 Museum is a must! The One World Observatory, is overpriced so don't bother.
Time Square after dark.
The Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art
Brooklyn Bridge
New York Botanical Garden

Mrspopper Thu 09-Nov-17 09:49:21

Me toooooo! 5 nights no kids! Whoooooppoopp

Frenchkippy Wed 15-Nov-17 08:33:37

Take The High Line from near Chelsea Market. I suggest Top of the Rock(efeller centre) as far less queues than Empire State Building and you get a view of Central Park and The Empire State. Take the $2.75 ferry on the East River from 42nd Street over to Brooklyn (incredible views of Chrysler building etc) and walk into Manhattan over the Brooklyn Bridge. Wrap up warm. Best city on earth!

PrimalLass Wed 15-Nov-17 09:47:52

I loved the boat trip from Pier 83.

MissConductUS Wed 15-Nov-17 09:56:30

Hi violet, I'm a New Yorker and have posted a lot of information about things to see and do in NYC recently. Some of the suggestions were of special interest to kids but many were not, Rather than repost all of that info I'll just post the link to the most recent thread.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/longhaul/3083991-New-York-hidden-gems

Do try to get to the 9/11 museum and out for a meal at Union Square Cafe.

Let me know if you have any questions and I hope you have a fabulous visit! smile

MissConductUS Wed 15-Nov-17 11:46:28

Oops! I've just noticed that OP's trip ended over a week ago. Hopefully someone else will find the information useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now