Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'Fit to fly' note

(5 Posts)
Rufffles Mon 23-Oct-17 22:54:17

I am booked to take a couple of shortish flights when I'm around 28 weeks pregnant. I've checked with the airline websites and I feel like I know the score in terms of their rules on flying while pregnant. I plan to visit my midwife a couple of days before I leave - she's already said I can get a 'fit to fly' letter from her (assuming that she thinks I am when she assesses me, of course!)

Just wondering though, does anyone know if the airline staff physically take the letter from you when you check in / board? I'm just wondering whether I need multiple letters / multiple copies of the letter as I'm taking four separate flights over the space of the weekend.

Thanks very much!

Misty9 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:01:16

I flew at 32 weeks and was asked for it on my return flight. From memory they did give it back to me - and I had to pay for it from my gp.

HaggisMuncher Tue 24-Oct-17 22:05:47

I've flown a couple of times around 30 weeks and have never been asked for it.

pattimayonnaise Tue 24-Oct-17 22:16:12

I flew at 31 weeks in September. I took a template from the airline website (Ryanair) and my doctor filled it in. The airline staff just looked at it and gave it back so you shouldn’t need multiples.

Goodluckjonathan76 Thu 26-Oct-17 18:15:13

Does anyone know if they will let you fly at 35 weeks? Just found out that i am pregnant and will be 35 weeks 3 days on the return flight with Easyjet. Their website says that you can fly up to 35 weeks with a dr's note. Wondering if it means exactly 35 weeks or if the extra days will matter. Not sure it's worth the risk. Am also guessing that it may not be that much fun to go away when 8 months pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now