Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant - where can I go in January?

(10 Posts)
MooChops89 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:34:22

DH and I want to go on holiday for our first anniversary in January but I'll be around 24 weeks pregnant. We went to Mexico for our honeymoon and would love to go back but obvs can't because of the risk of Zika.
However the thing I'm struggling with is that all of the places I'd like to go for a bit of sun in January are in areas where Zika is a risk!
So I'm looking for ideas of places I can go to if anyone can help. Don't mind long or short haul, just somewhere hot and pretty we can relax with a budget of around £2000 for both of us.
Thanks in advance smile

Namechanger2735 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:35:29

Would you definitely want to go abroad? I love centreparcs!

MooChops89 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:38:47

I think so, it'll be freezing at centerparcs in January grin I haven't been on many holidays so I do enjoy going abroad when I get the chance

2018babyonboard Sat 21-Oct-17 20:39:28

Lanzarote?

Paddybare Sat 21-Oct-17 20:40:06

Cape Verde?

TonicAndTonic Sat 21-Oct-17 20:44:39

I think Cape Verde has Zika too sad Friends of mine had a babymoon in Mauritius which is apparently Zika free, not sure about the weather in Jan though?

MooChops89 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:47:52

Yeah just looked at the list on gov.uk, Cape Verde is moderate risk 👎

bulldogmum Sat 21-Oct-17 20:54:00

I’m 24 weeks now and heading off on hols in 2 weeks. It’s so limiting with zika. We’re going to Dubai. From our research the only warm places that are zika free are Middle East, Mauritius, South Africa and Europe. Mauritius is beautiful, would highly recommend. Only reason we’re not going is we also have a 20 month old and didn’t fancy the super long flight with her. Think it’s 12 hours.

MooChops89 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:11:12

Mauritius looks amazing, might have to save a little more first haha but definitely looking at it! Thanks

JoandMax Sun 22-Oct-17 12:13:10

Muscat in Oman is beautiful and lovely warm weather that time of year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now