Talk

Advanced search

Parking to pick up from Luton

(5 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 19-Oct-17 17:03:58

DD is landing tonight at approx 11:45. I've checked the website and it says parking is £1 per minute after the first 10 minutes!
Does anyone know of any other parking options?

TIA

Notinmybackyard Thu 19-Oct-17 17:15:44

Whenever I pick up from airports I try to calculate roughly how long it will take them to get through passport control and baggage collection (if necessary). You can check online if there are any delays to flight or if it's due to land on time. Then I aim to pick up about about 30/45 mins after landing, calculating how long it will take me to get to the airport. I usually find a petrol station nearby and wait until the person I'm collecting rings me to say they've cleared passport control/collected their baggage. Ask them to wait in the car park area where the pick up area is and you should be able to drive in and out within 10 minutes.

PutYourBracesTogether Thu 19-Oct-17 17:22:25

Luton is very expensive after the first £3 for10 minutes.
I do the same as PP and park up on Vauxhall Way then drive in once passenger has rang to say they've cleared passport control/collected luggage.

MissCherryCakeyBun Thu 19-Oct-17 17:28:12

Be careful parking on any of the roads surrounding the airport as the police are moving people on very rapidly ( live quite near there) you might be best off going to the beefeater nearby if it’s still open for a coffee and waiting for them to ring when they are through customs etc sadly not much else nearby is open late

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1CDGOYI_enGB758GB758&hl=en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=uk&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x4876483fc6acac65:0x4d661fbee4284542&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

mckenzie Thu 19-Oct-17 22:25:07

Thanks for the replies.She is delayed (of course). DH says he's going to park in short stay, get a coffee while he waits pay the £.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now