Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fantasy holiday planning.

(19 Posts)
HidingBehindTheWallpaper Mon 16-Oct-17 20:42:51

Where can I go?

I fancy all inclusive but not a pool, actual sea. A bungalow over the water or with some kind of jetty.
DH would like to dive and see fish, coral etc.

The Maldives seems a bit obvious. I want somewhere that people don’t know about.

Join me in my fantasy.

alphajuliet123 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:30:28

I'll come! Bora Bora has all we dream of.

We're not taking kids, right? Do we have to take husbands?

travailtotravel Mon 16-Oct-17 21:31:33

I stayed somewhere just like that off the coast of Honduras.

JoJoSM2 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:32:01

The Maldives might be obvious but also the most amazing. And not too bad a flight from the UK.

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Mon 16-Oct-17 21:34:43

I don’t have children. So none to take.
I teach primary school so I certainly don’t want children there!!

JoJoSM2 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:36:38

In these paradise type places, they often have adult-only resorts/islands.

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Mon 16-Oct-17 21:36:51

That looks like it Alpha. I’ll have that one.
Oh and it doesn’t matter how long the flights are. We are all flying first of course.

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Mon 16-Oct-17 21:45:53

Oh and by the time we go I’ll be a size 8.

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Tue 17-Oct-17 20:29:08

Any other suggestions?

LadyWire Tue 17-Oct-17 20:48:59

I want a pool, but it's got to be warm and I've got to be able to reach the bottom even if it's on my tiptoes. Somewhere hot but not too hot - late 20s will do me. Plenty of shade when I need it. All inclusive but a la carte, not a big buffet. Drinks to be brought to me by some handsome young local chaps. Nothing pervy: I only want to look, not touch. No DP and no DC - in fact I think I'd like the whole place to be full of middle aged ladies like my good self.

One last thing, my budget is about £250 😂😂😋

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Tue 17-Oct-17 22:01:51

Oh yes. A nice young man to bring you cocktails. Like you say, nothing pervy, I just like being waited.

fuzzyduck1 Thu 19-Oct-17 23:43:57

Borneo for some great diving

Taffeta Mon 23-Oct-17 19:36:29

Zanzibar. Or that little island off it. I went 20 years ago and I've never seen sand so white or sea so clear.

Stopyourhavering Sun 29-Oct-17 04:18:40

Seychelles.....a bit more select than Maldives.( there are even private islands) ....we've had a fortnight on 2 islands, Mahe and Praslin...highly recommend ...would return in a heartbeat

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Sun 29-Oct-17 08:41:50

Interesting.
In my mind the Seychelles is in the same league as Benidorm and the Costa Del Sol.
Is it a bit ‘nicer’ than them?

Not that there is anything wrong with Benidorm etc, I’ve just always thought of them as a bit loud. I want somewhere quiet.

alphajuliet123 Sun 29-Oct-17 10:17:03

You must have the Seychelles mixed up with somewhere else, defo in the same class as Maldives, Mauritius etc and at the opposite end of the scale to Benidorm.

www.google.co.uk/search?q=seychelles&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiYrdOKzZXXAhWFAcAKHbYIB5kQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=637

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Sun 29-Oct-17 11:09:25

I quite possibly have.
My family were of the opinion that any foreign holiday to somewhere hot and with a beach was gauche.

Stopyourhavering Sun 29-Oct-17 11:20:34

Oh hiding you couldn't be more wrong
The Seychelles are a exclusive tropical paradise getaway in the true sense of the word....beautiful beaches, exotic birds, gorgeous food
I've travelled to Thailand,and and Caribbean as well as extensively in The Med....this is THE best!

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Sun 29-Oct-17 11:21:47

Right. That is my new fantasy destination.
I shall set to planning my fantasy holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now