Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a holiday with a 3 month old?

(8 Posts)
SundayLunchHappy Sat 14-Oct-17 19:02:52

Just starting to have a little think about a break for the three of us once baby arrives next year. I was thinking of a Loch Lomond cottage with plenty of walking, but now wondering if we will just want to completely relax and lounge about.

We live in the midlands and can get to most major uk airports quite easily, but we're equally happy to do a uk break in the car.

All ideas welcome though we cannot afford to do long haul at the moment.

Ijustwanttodrinkmytea Sat 14-Oct-17 19:17:56

Sounds like a good plan to me. 3-6 months is a good age to travel, before they are mobile! At that age mine hated being in the car for more than about 20 minutes, but if you can do the driving at nap time/night time it should work. A sling or carrier for the walks would be useful.

Rainshowers Sat 14-Oct-17 20:26:13

We took DD away around that age for the first time (to Madeira) and it was great. She was in a bit of a routine then so we were getting sleep, she napped loads in the day and in the evening generally slept through dinner and the odd time she didn't was happy to sit on our lap watching the world go by. It was an ideal age!

Nomad86 Sat 14-Oct-17 20:42:02

I'd say this is probably your last trip before they're mobile. They won't care where they are to be honest but a baby carrier is probably a good option so they can see what's going on. Use this as an opportunity to go somewhere you'd like to see, as future holidays will have your child's needs in mind. City breaks are difficult with kids who are too young to walk everywhere but too old to be content in a pushchair all day so maybe a european city you've always wanted to visit? Verona and Innsbruck are quite chilled out for example.

TakeMe2Insanity Sun 15-Oct-17 13:18:27

At 12 weeks we took ds on a road trip around the balkans. Zagreb to dubrovnik stopping at various places it was easier than i thought it was going to be.

SundayLunchHappy Sun 15-Oct-17 15:40:21

I've been parked in bed most of the weekend (hideous visit from nausea at 17 and a bit weeks grrr) and now daydreaming about Verona and a day trip to Venice...

I'm assuming that a single, frequently napping breastfed child is considerably more portable at three months than at any other point?

Ijustwanttodrinkmytea Mon 16-Oct-17 13:02:05

Yes, 3 months is pretty portable, main requirements are that age are feeding and nappy changing! However if you don't need to book this far in advance you could consider booking a last minute deal when you know how you feel nearer the time. If you have an easy going, frequently napping baby you can book an adventure, but if you have a non-napping variety, or reflux to deal with, then you might prefer a break closer to home. Immunisations are at 8,12 and 16 weeks if I recall rightly (for what it's worth...)

SundayLunchHappy Mon 16-Oct-17 17:52:27

Ooh useful knowledge on the injections front.... can you tell I've not done this before!

Yes we are definitely more of a last minute family, dh has a beautifully flexible annual leave allowance as his job isn't uk based.

Is it normal to eat out in the evenings with a baby in Venice/Verona?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now