Talk

Advanced search

Medication on Jet2 Flight

(15 Posts)
MrsSthe3rd Sat 14-Oct-17 15:31:13

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can help.

I'm due to travel with Jet2 next month, and usually keep my weekly medication & vitamins in a plastic type organiser with little AM, Noon, PM & Night, boxes.

Will I still be able to do that or am I going to have to take numerous tubs & boxes with me which tbh is a PITA

I have looked on their website, but can't find anything.

FAkenameforthis Sat 14-Oct-17 15:32:43

Are you flying on just hand luggage?

MrsSthe3rd Sat 14-Oct-17 16:03:15

No, but the website states to travel with all medication for the whole trip, in your hand luggage.

FAkenameforthis Sat 14-Oct-17 16:06:49

I’ve flown with them, with meds in the hold luggage and never had any issue. I only put in hand luggage what I might need on the flight or if it’s delayed.

chipsandpeas Sat 14-Oct-17 16:15:41

i took mine in my hand luggage in those organisers and no probs

karalime Sat 14-Oct-17 16:18:43

They just say that so that you still have your medication with you if they lose your luggage. I have had no problem with medication, even big bottles of liquid morphine were fine.

MrsSthe3rd Sat 14-Oct-17 16:23:41

Ohhhh, how have I got to this age, without knowing that's just advisory! blush

I'm quite anxious about that, as if I did actually lose my luggage I can get physically poorly without them, so would prefer them in hand luggage tbh.

mirmc Sat 14-Oct-17 18:02:21

It's airport security who have these rules not the airline. Jet2 don't mind how many tablets you have with you. Only liquids are restricted, but if you have medicines just bring your prescription and show it at security. Never leave medication, anything valuable, or anything you can't live without in your hold luggage. Baggage could get lost and take weeks to get back. Unlikely, but don't take the risk!

MrsSthe3rd Sat 14-Oct-17 19:35:34

So I’m best off contacting the airport directly then? Some of them are not on my repeat lists but have name labels on, that I do get regular.

Exactly, I wouldn’t settle if I put them in my hold luggage.

mirmc Sat 14-Oct-17 20:10:51

It's only liquids over 100ml that you need to bring your prescription. Tablets are fine :-)

SheSparkles Sat 14-Oct-17 20:13:31

I decant my tablets into containers as you describe and always carry them in hand luggage. No one has ever batted an eyelid about them

specialsubject Sat 14-Oct-17 22:01:30

Liquids, gels and pastes have been restricted for the last ten years. Tablets are solids.

isadoradancing123 Sat 14-Oct-17 22:37:07

Tablets are fine, only liquids are not

BarbaraofSevillle Sun 15-Oct-17 08:46:10

No need to ask the airport anything. Just put them in your hand luggage in your weekly box. They'll see hundreds of these types of things every single day and won't bat an eyelid, honestly smile.

MrsSthe3rd Mon 16-Oct-17 13:35:04

Thanks all for reassuring me and making sure I stop overthinking it, it's much appreciated.

I'll just focus on the holiday now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now