Talk

Advanced search

Bogus travel agents(?)

(6 Posts)
Lindamckee49 Tue 03-Oct-17 09:47:27

Has anyone used 'relaxinalgarve.com' to book a villa holiday? I'm trying to book a large villa in the Algarve for my extended family and have come across this travel agent who is offering very reasonable prices. How do I check its legitimate? Or Is the old adage true, if it looks too good to b true, it probably is!

Rafflesway Tue 03-Oct-17 12:12:19

Here are the details of the website owners * Linda*
www.gescontact.pt/galtur-viagens-e-turismo-lda-502380918

The telephone number on the website matches their office number. There is also an address showing here although not on the "RelaxinAlgarve" website.

I would say if you really want to use them it would be a good idea to do a test telephone call first to ensure their offices are open when they say they are. Also ensure you make any payments by credit card for section 75 protection, (protects payments of £100 or more.)

Hope this helps.

OnyK Tue 03-Oct-17 22:18:42

When you google a website and one of the first results is 'is this site a scam' and most of the other search results look dodgy...hum?

If you've found accommodation you like, search for the owner or a reputable booking site.

margaritabb3 Fri 06-Oct-17 08:41:20

we have booked a villa through them and everything turned out to be ok. We were greeted on arrival by one of their agents. Payment was through bank transfer. No issues.

ahc84 Sat 07-Oct-17 21:31:49

I've been looking at this too.

Very nervous about booking. When did you go Margarita?

margaritabb3 Sun 08-Oct-17 08:20:23

We were there in August, for a full week. We were also a bit weary at first, but everything turned out fine. We ended up spending a great holiday in Carvoeiro. First time in Portugal smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now