Talk

Advanced search

Umarket resort with something for everyone from 75 to 4

(11 Posts)
Lalalandfill Sun 01-Oct-17 21:02:31

Ils very generously want to take my family and sil's family away on holiday - we're looking for somewhere where we can all do separate stuff in the day, as we're a wide age range (Dc ages range from 13 to 4), and so we don't all kill each other, but then get together at mealtimes.

They previously took us to Disneyworld, on a similar trip, which was a big hit - something similar would work, I'm thinking of a resort in somewhere like Greece/Spain that offers activities for those who want them but where mil could snooze by the pool. A villa doesn't work as mil would feel compelled to cook and clean.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Pearlsaringer Sun 01-Oct-17 21:30:45

Cruise. Anywhere.

MyBrilliantDisguise Sun 01-Oct-17 21:34:11

I agree - a cruise would be best. The elder ones could stay on board during excursions and there's no cooking or cleaning to be done.

Lalalandfill Mon 02-Oct-17 10:55:22

Any recs for good family cruises? Quite fancy that idea, though pils just did a cruise and may not want to do it again.

ShangriLaLaLa Mon 02-Oct-17 10:58:46

Vila Vita Parc in Porches, Algarve is lovely. You really feel looked after and there are a huge range of accommodation options. We’ve been 3 times and can’t wait to go back again.

Pearlsaringer Mon 02-Oct-17 15:08:22

I bet your PsIL won't mind another cruise one bit! Haven't travelled with children for years so can't recommend from personal experience, but you may as well go bells and whistles if you want all ages to enjoy it. There will be golf nets, climbing walls, flumes, open air cinemas, you name it. For those who like a bit of tranquility (i.e. me) there is always a cocktail bar, some high end premium dining options as well as the usual variety of eateries. You will all be waited on hand and foot and will not want to come home. Ooh, jealous now!

Lalalandfill Tue 03-Oct-17 09:32:30

Dh has taken agin a cruise. I am keen on the Vita Parc option but am deciding to keep out of it now and let them all squabble amongst themselves. Thanks everyone.

My father very generously took his family for a holiday for his 70th and we went on a Neilson to Turkey. Lots of activities for the kids and those adults who like to be active. Kids clubs to entertain kids as well. Lovely pools for those who like a more sedentary holiday and history and culture trips for those of a more cerebral inclination.

Happybell Wed 08-Nov-17 20:04:18

Have a look at these. We,be been to both as a family but both fantastic for all ages. Croatia was my fav.

www.tui.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/gran-canaria/meloneras/hotels/lopesan-baobab-resort.html

www.tui.co.uk/destinations/europe/croatia/croatia-istrian-riviera/porec/hotels/valamar-isabella-island-resort.html

MrsPworkingmummy Wed 08-Nov-17 20:07:46

Aruba? Fab climate all year round, beautiful beaches, high end resorts and enough to do during the day to keep all entertained.

Joneseygirl77 Sat 11-Nov-17 07:08:11

Sani resort in Halkidiki? Has activities for those that want them and lots of pools/beaches for those that don't and also good restaurant choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now