Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Russian Visa Advice

(7 Posts)
Newboots234 Thu 21-Sep-17 20:19:45

I’m off to Moscow soon and have a visa question - will it be a problem for me to leave the UK the day before my visa is valid, arriving the morning it begins?

Eg my visa is valid from 4-9 November. Is it a problem for me to leave the UK on an overnight flight from London on 3rd, arriving in Moscow in the early hours of the 4th?

Flying BA if that helps!

Thank you!

Noofly Fri 22-Sep-17 15:34:34

I'm 99.9% certain that is fine, but I would go into the Moscow forum on Trip Advisor and ask there as there are loads of posters with experience of all sorts of variations around the visa/acquiring the visa/entry & exit like when your flight gets cancelled and your visa expires that day! Bitter experience from April...

OlennasWimple Fri 22-Sep-17 15:39:26

You might want to check with your airline too - they might have different rules to the Russian border officials about only letting passengers fly if they have a valid visa (which you wouldn't have on boarding the plane)

Newboots234 Fri 22-Sep-17 15:43:35

Thanks very much. The airline are being completely unhelpful and say it’s not up to them - I’m not sure who to ask really to be honest! Will try trip advisor, thank you!

KallyFowler7 Tue 03-Oct-17 12:49:27

I think that it's very important to ask a special office like myvisatorussia.com/en/info/ is it possible to travel with your visa. I am pretty sure that it's fine but I would ask for additional info.

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 05-Oct-17 13:05:19

I'd love to hear how you find Moscow. We are off to St Petersburg soon. They sure do make you go through the hoops to get the visa though.

I would assume as you are arriving on the date the visa starts that should be fine.

Stopbarkingdamndog Thu 05-Oct-17 16:17:25

I'm not the OP but I loved Moscow! I can't express how much I loved it! Mind you I'm old grin so have strong childhood memories of watching the soldiers arching up and down Red Square on the news so it was incredible for me to stand in the middle of it, looking at Lenin's Minecraft tomb. grin I never thought that day would come.

Have I mentioned that I loved it? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now