Talk

Advanced search

South west France

(5 Posts)
Friendzone Mon 18-Sep-17 09:30:44

Does anyone know of a holiday house in south west France for 10 people with a large (above 10m) pool and nice views, which is also in walking distance of an attractive and preferably lively village, with at least one bar/restaurant and a shop?
It must also have table tennis or petanque. And be at most an hour and half from an airport (that isn't Pau).
I have been looking for 2 weeks without success. Surely this place must exist?? Any recommendations gratefully received...even if we have to compromise on something.....
Thank you. I'm normally very good at this...but...
oh and we can't spend more than £2600 for a summer holiday week....should have mentioned that bit sooner!!!

OP’s posts: |
BBCK Wed 20-Sep-17 17:13:19

I've stayed in some lovely houses that fit some of you criteria but not all. The walking distance to a village is probably your biggest obstacle as larger houses tend to be further out or really expensive.

Sounbelievablydull Wed 20-Sep-17 22:23:44

Gosh tall order when you find it let me know I'll be booking as well 😊

Janek Thu 21-Sep-17 15:05:29

not sure if my link will work...

Try going to booking.com, you can search 'sout-west France' for the dates you need, then apply lots of filters - house, swimming pool, number of bedrooms etc. Then if you find somewhere with a suitable sized pool do some sleuthing on google maps wrt how close it is to a village etc.

I suspect it will be the size of the pool you have to compromise on. The size never seems to be detailed in the property blurb. The one in the house i (tried to ) linked to above looks big, but could be a trick of the photo.

Friendzone Fri 22-Sep-17 10:06:02

Thanks all. Janek, I've tended to avoid booking.com as they don't list the number of bathrooms - more than three is another of our essentials ;-)

Anyway I have done the deed. I found some places with gorgeous pools with views, but the compromise on getting anywhere was too much for us. So we've settled on a house in a lovely village with an enclosed pool. It'll be fine....fingers crossed!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in