Talk

Advanced search

Beamish - is it worth it? Any tips?

(9 Posts)
SpanishFly Tue 29-Aug-17 13:07:37

Hi all,

We're staying near Beamish in a couple of weeks, and really fancy it. But for 2 adults and 2 kids, it's almost £50 for a ticket. Is it worth it...?

Are there any cheaper ways to do it? It's not on the Tesco Clubcard list, unfortunately.

Thanks!
x

OP’s posts: |
KnobOfStork Tue 29-Aug-17 13:12:06

I don't know about Clubcards etc but it is definitely worth it, I'm still going with my mum and grandma at 20 grin you don't have to spend money inside although there's a bakery, sweet shop, pub etc. Lovely area to have a picnic, small farm, buses and trams all around, a small mine which is fascinating to go round and various activities which don't cost anything.

Paddington68 Tue 29-Aug-17 13:15:30

It is a full day, get there early to get the most out of it and take a picnic.

YorkieDorkie Tue 29-Aug-17 13:27:47

I have amazing memories of Beamish! I can't wait to take my own young family smile

Grimmfebruary Tue 29-Aug-17 13:29:52

Pay once and can use the ticket for a year... worth it if you plan to return. Ss loves it even in winter.

AmysTiara Tue 29-Aug-17 13:30:39

We went a few months ago. It's fab. Theres loads to see.

NeverTwerkNaked Tue 29-Aug-17 13:41:09

I went there a few times as a child and loved it! Really want to take my kids sometime but we haven't been up that way

PotteringAlong Tue 29-Aug-17 13:44:11

Definitely worth it! We live not far from beamish and muller the backside off our ticket!

As someone else said, your ticket is valid for the year. Go at the start of your two weeks - you might want to go again!

It's excellent. It's a full day if you're doing it properly. Take a picnic. There are plenty of places to eat them and they're very happy for you to take your own food. Just leave enough room for the sweet shop. And the bakery. And the pub snacks. And the ice cream... grin

PotteringAlong Tue 29-Aug-17 13:44:53

If you go by bus you can get money off your ticket.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in