Talk

Advanced search

Orlando help?

(5 Posts)
ihearttc Mon 28-Aug-17 16:50:04

Really want to take our 2 boys (they will be 13 and 7 then) to Orlando next April. However we only want to do a few very specific things and Im struggling to understand where we need to stay in order to be able to do this!

Basically we want to do Universal because of Harry Potter and we are considering staying in Lowes Portfino because of the HP fast passes. I would also like to do a water park plus an animal park of some description however the main reason we are going (and I realise this is going to sound nuts) is because DS2 is obsessed with going to Clearwater Marine Aquarium and seeing Winter. He has been dreaming of this for 3 years and now we have the money I would love to be able to do this for him.

Any suggestions of what would be the best way to do this? Really not bothered about Disney itself tbh.

OP’s posts: |
Dailystuck71 Tue 29-Aug-17 22:51:19

How long do you plan on going?

Is winter a dolphin and is this as well as or instead of an animal park trip?

ihearttc Wed 30-Aug-17 10:18:57

About 10 days I would think.

Winter is the dolphin from the Dolphin Tale film...I have watched it every day for the last 3 years and we have Winter Cam on our computer! We cannot go all that way and not see her.

It was in addition to an animal park and a water park. Seems crazy to go to Florida and not do Disney itself though!

OP’s posts: |
PolkaDotFlamingo Wed 30-Aug-17 10:24:10

I've done a similar trip. PM me if you want details.

Keel Thu 31-Aug-17 20:57:16

Busch Gardens is not too far from Clearwater and Winter. It's an animal park and theme park. Plenty to do. If you go on attraction tix direct you can fortnightly passes with free parking.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in