Talk

Advanced search

Parking at Manchester Airport

(8 Posts)
MrsLandingham Mon 21-Aug-17 11:31:21

Hello everyone,

I'm flying from Manchester Airport later this week and have booked a parking service where someone collects my car from me and delivers it back to me. The details say to call when I am fifteen minutes' travel away from the airport. My problem is that I am travelling alone, and I can't see any nearby services where I could drop in, make the call, and continue on my way.

I'll be driving to Manchester along the M62, from the Leeds direction, and it doesn't seem to make any difference which way round Manchester I go. Can anyone suggest a handy junction / place where I can pop off the motorway close to the airport and get back on again easily? The latter is the really crucial bit, as I am worrying about accidentally getting onto some urban expressway into Manchester city centre and not being able to turn round confused

Thank you

MrsLandingham Mon 21-Aug-17 13:03:51

I'm feeling a bit stupid now blush. Presumably I can get on and off at the Trafford Centre very easily.

In my defence, I don't like shopping and I've never been there.....

Hoppinggreen Mon 21-Aug-17 18:54:22

I'm not sure the Trafford Centre would be the best option
There is a huge Tesco near Stockport just off the M60 that might fit the bill. In fact as you will be on the opposite side of the road to the Tesco you could use the small retail park opposite it

BarbaraofSevillle Mon 21-Aug-17 20:36:02

That Tesco sounds like a plan. You need to go the M60 East, which is usually the best way anyway as the other way still has all the roadworks and is usually awful or closed if night time. I think it's something like J27, but check, but I think you can see it before the junction anyway.

MrsLandingham Tue 22-Aug-17 08:18:10

Thank you to you both; that's very helpful smile

Hoppinggreen Tue 22-Aug-17 14:21:58

And do NOT let your satnav take you via the A672 Oldham to the M60
It IS technically quicker but due to lots of traffic lights it takes longer
Go off the M60 at Jn 18 towards Stockport

stayathomegardener Tue 22-Aug-17 15:05:09

If you follow your sat nav to the airport you have a couple of options.
Drive just past the airport and pull up in various pub/garage car parks.
Park either in the drop off lane for a few minutes or park in the free 20 minutes drop off car park, first storey, clearly signed. Phone to arrange collection and then collect your exit ticket.

stayathomegardener Tue 22-Aug-17 15:06:51

Actually thinking about it the 20 minute car park may be £3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now