Advanced search

Accident on holidays

(5 Posts)
Emmah75 Tue 15-Aug-17 00:48:27

Hi, I'm hoping some of you can advise me, I'm currently on holiday in Portugal around the Albufeira area. I fell today in the water park & have a horrible feeling that I've broken a bone in my foot, can't weight bear, it's swollen & very painful.
Where is the best hospital to go to for an X-ray or do I need to contact my insurance company & let them advise me first? I was considering waiting until I get home on Wednesday night but it's very painful now.
Thanks in advance for any advice 😊

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 15-Aug-17 08:35:26

Sorry to read what happened to you.

You need to contact your insurance company and they will advise you further.

Rafflesway Tue 15-Aug-17 13:59:04

Definitely - as Attila advised - 24 hr emergency contact number showing on your insurance policy document. If you arrange anything without speaking to them first, they could refuse to meet any claim. (Former senior travel of many years!)

Really hope it's nothing serious and you can enjoy the rest of your holiday OP.

Dailystuck71 Tue 15-Aug-17 17:17:27

Do you have your EHIC with you.

If so just go to accident and emergency. They will use that card and give you the treatment you need.

Emmah75 Tue 15-Aug-17 23:33:41

Thanks everyone, I think it must have been a bad sprain, it improved with nurofen & lots of ice. It's still sore but I can cope until I get home. Thank you all so much for your help. It's really appreciated x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in