Talk

Advanced search

Southern Sicily in mid October??

(4 Posts)
RockinHippy Thu 03-Aug-17 12:09:16

Would anyone know if it is likely to be hot enough for sea swimming & lounging by the pool/ beach??

If not any other recommendations for somewhere that will be hot enough, preferably dry heat (health problems), but with lots to see & do ?? Preferably not overly British touristy places like Tenerife & the likes & preferably needs access to good healthcare, just incase as our daughter & myself are higher risk.

Traveling with 2 adults & a 15 y/o & we like to mix getting out & experiencing local culture & sights, with relaxing on a beach or similar, good diving would be a bonus for DH

TIA

OP’s posts: |
smogsville Fri 04-Aug-17 10:22:52

I'd be surprised. Reckon you'd be better off looking at a Greek island or Cyprus that late. Or Dubai/ emirates maybe. I've been to Sicily several times at various times of the year including first week of July this year which was a peachy 29-32. The other thing to consider is stuff shuts down a bit out of season even if weather unusually warm.

juneau Sat 05-Aug-17 08:35:36

It could be warm enough, but no guarantees. In Oct I would travel to either Cyprus or Canaries (there are lovely bits of the Canaries - they're not all tacky and full of Brits on the lash), for sea swimming.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 07-Aug-17 09:26:19

I'd say it would be. We've been to Gozo the last 2 Octobers, which is only 80 miles across the Med from Scicily - to dive btw, Gozo and Malta both excellent for diving and plenty of other things to do, depending on what you want.

Anyway, sea was warm, weather was hot, glorious.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in