Talk

Advanced search

Surprise travel bag for kids

(6 Posts)
littlem133 Wed 02-Aug-17 18:16:49

Hello mumsnetters

I am soon to be driving to Austria with our 3 boys, aged 2, 8 & 10. I want to put together a cheap bag of bits and bobs each to entertain them. We're still taking the obligatory screens and DVD player. Apart from sticker and puzzle books, anyone got any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Petalbird Wed 02-Aug-17 18:18:40

Kinder eggs, little packet toys?

littlem133 Wed 02-Aug-17 18:37:22

What sort of packet toys?

OP’s posts: |
Howmanysleepstilchristmas Thu 03-Aug-17 10:43:56

I spy books! They sell them on amazon

bagofsnakes Thu 03-Aug-17 14:21:40

Hi there,

We leave on Saturday and have two days of transit with my boys (2.5 and 5. I have a 'bag of tricks' to keep them entertained along the way. It's going to be slightly different as we are travelling by plane, so some things that I have might not work for you. Right now the bag contains:
- Lego mini figures in bags
- Wooden spinning tops
- Mini naughts and crosses game
- A new set of Top Trumps cards
- Figure puppets
- Mini play doh tubs

I have also got a couple of new magazines for them (CBeebies for the small, Ninjargo for the big) and colouring books with crayons.

And snacks! A ton of snacks, because snacking is very much an activity. It's all generally healthy stuff so that I don't have to set limits on it, within the realms of what I have, they can have what they want.

We do this trip at least once a year but this is the first time in a long time that we won't be flying direct and instead taking 4 (4!) planes over two days... wish me luck!

-

bagofsnakes Thu 03-Aug-17 14:28:46

Do you have a Tiger store near you? They can be great for picking up cheap travel supplies.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in