Talk

Advanced search

Neilson holidays - Buca Beachclub

(15 Posts)
HironsBirons Sat 15-Jul-17 16:57:17

Thinking of Buca Beachclub in Greece next year for my honeymoon. Has anyone done a Neilson holiday before? Would you recommend it? It's the adults only hotel, which massively appeals for honeymoon since I work with children grin

OP’s posts: |
2014newme Sat 15-Jul-17 17:20:00

Yes have done neilsons. I wouldn't honeymoon there though!

BigGreenOlives Sat 15-Jul-17 17:22:36

If you want an active holiday it sounds really nice - lots to do & brand new in 2017. Are you both super sporty?

2014newme Sat 15-Jul-17 17:26:24

Posted too soon
Very sports oriented, accommodation is basic, food is normally good but not gourmet, some of their resorts cannes a bit isolated. If you and your dh want access to windsurfing or mountain biking on honeymoon it may fit the bill but otherwise I'd go somewhere with a higher standard of accommodation

HironsBirons Sat 15-Jul-17 19:23:52

Not super sporty but can't stand the thought of a typical beach resort with generic water parks etc. I love to surf and be in the water in general, dp is up for trying anything. Is there anywhere similar and similarly priced with better accommodation?

magentastardust Sat 15-Jul-17 22:55:29

Le sport -the body holiday in St Lucia includes spa treatments, water sports and sports activities every day. No idea on price as we went there for our honeymoon which was 16 years ago!

HironsBirons Sun 16-Jul-17 11:45:10

Thanks, that hotel looks absolutely gorgeous but the hotel alone is more than an entire neilson holiday including spending money! Plus it's a zika zone and we're hoping to have babies as soon after the wedding as possible. Maybe for our 10th anniversary grin

langlandgirl Sun 16-Jul-17 20:53:40

martinhal in Portugal - not adults only though I dont think. Apparently the Barcelo in Corralejo, Fuerteventura and Barcelo in Costa Teguise are both adult only and both near surf.

blue25 Sun 16-Jul-17 20:56:25

Have a look at the Thomson Sensimar hotels. All adult only and we've been to some lovely ones. Elounda, Crete and Sorrento, Italy were the best.

langlandgirl Sun 16-Jul-17 21:03:15

or this one near Lagos, Portugal - lots of surf there and less Neilson for same period www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/packages?airports%5B%5D=BRS&units%5B%5D=048488%3AHOTEL&when=23-07-2017&until=&flexibility=true&flexibleDays=3&noOfAdults=2&noOfSeniors=0&noOfChildren=0&childrenAge=&duration=1413&first=0&searchType=search&room=undefined&searchRequestType=ins&sp=true&multiSelect=true

langlandgirl Sun 16-Jul-17 21:36:35

are you restricted to school holidays? We actually went to Bali (3 of us) for 2 weeks - May half term and following week for less than a Neilson holiday.

HironsBirons Mon 17-Jul-17 13:20:51

I'll have a look at all your suggestions, thank you! I need adults only, no where in Spain, activities included, full board/all inclusive. It's not proving to be an easy search!

langland no not restricted to school holidays, but I'll probably need to go in the 2 weeks following my wedding (September '18)

2014newme Mon 17-Jul-17 13:29:00

Lots of adult only resorts in Mexico and great value for money

HironsBirons Mon 17-Jul-17 14:58:11

I like the look of Mexico, but again zika is a nightmare. Ahh!

Damsel Tue 18-Jul-17 00:10:20

We were in Neilson Messini last year which is right beside Buca & this year I think both resorts are sharing the activities, tennis courts, bikes etc.

The resort host & activities manager from Messini are at Buca this year & are both amazing so standard will be high. Last year Buca was run by someone else but looked really nice.

If the food & accommodation are as good as at Messini, I would recommend it. Activities are excellent - 7 or 8 fitness classes each day, windsurfing, sailing, water skiing, stand up paddle boarding, tennis, biking, kayaking. Lots to do.

The only downside is there are limited options for eating out on the non inclusive evenings. There are 4 local tavernas within walking distance, which are nice but nothing special. Or you could take a taxi to Kalamata, which I think was around 60 euro return last year.

Have a wonderful honeymoon whatever you decide.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in