Talk

Advanced search

suitcases

(3 Posts)
tich31 Sun 09-Jul-17 00:09:58

Hi,

I was over worrying when booking a trip on Easy Jet and didn't measure suitcases and so presumed me and my daughter would need a suitcase in the hold which I purchased.

But now nearly there and looking at packing and realise that 2 small suitcases actually fit their cabin luggage....I didn't think they would but that's my fault.

So....do you think I'm better taking one large suitcase to Bologna and Venice or shall I just now use 2 cabin suitcases...my daughter is old enough to bring hers. Water buses and buses and trains?

I think I panicked without looking into it!

Am not a seasoned traveller!!

BlueberryMarshmallow Sun 09-Jul-17 00:11:59

Depends if you want to bring toiletries etc, as you can't bring liquids in as hand luggage having a bag in the hold can be easier

BarbaraofSeville Mon 10-Jul-17 08:47:49

I would take the large suitcase, as you've paid for it and as long as it isn't too massive, because:

You can get rid of it as soon as you get to the airport instead of having to drag round departures and fight for room in the overhead locker on the plane.

You can still take a rucksack/big handbag etc on the plane.

You will only have one case to deal with and take turns in pulling it instead of both of you having a case all the time - an extra free hand can be useful - the weight isn't so much of an issue when wheeling.

You can take all the liquids you want and have room to bring back whatever souveniers etc you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now