Talk

Advanced search

Unwell on holiday

(6 Posts)
Dailystuck71 Sat 08-Jul-17 22:11:10

We arrived in Turkey on Wednesday. An existing illness flared up and, as a result, I spent most of today in a local hospital. I am ok now but I have three lots of meds to take plus a very limited diet for 48 hours of just water tomorrow and Monday I can add in plain soups. Thereafter not much more until I get home.

Jet2 can't get me/us home before our scheduled flight. They've tried and I appreciate that but the holiday is finished.

We will obviously be here 7 nights but does anyone know if you can claim back the cost of your holiday being unfit half way into it? We've not lost cash other than 20 euro on a taxi back to the hotel - ambulance took me to hospital.

Ginorchoc Sat 08-Jul-17 22:13:41

Did you declare your existing condition to the insurance company?

Dailystuck71 Sat 08-Jul-17 22:13:54

Yes.

Ginorchoc Sat 08-Jul-17 22:34:52

You can always ask then, I hope the rest of your holiday is as good as it can be.

2014newme Mon 10-Jul-17 13:07:26

Some insurance companies will cover you fir time spent confined to your room or hospital. Check with your insurer as you may need evidence such as inpatient certificate.
It's rubbish to be ill oN holiday 💐

JustMumNowNotMe Mon 10-Jul-17 13:10:08

Insurance cover varies from supplier to supplier so you'll need to read the small print for yours. If you don't have the details with you, if you tell us who its with we might be able to look it up for you from here?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: