Talk

Advanced search

Cbeebies land at Alton Towers

(9 Posts)
SharonStrzelecki Tue 04-Jul-17 20:26:05

Has anyone been to Cbeebies land? Would you recommend it? I'm toying with the idea of taking the children (all under 6) at the start of the summer holidays, maybe staying overnight at the CBeebies hotel. It's really expensive so I'm wondering whether others who have been would rate it? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Moondancer146 Thu 06-Jul-17 21:22:52

We love CBeebies land, my DD is 3 and we were there just a few weeks ago. There's loads of characters to meet and take photos with and the rides and shows are really well themed. The two new attractions this year are brilliant and have really added to the park.
The downside for me is that there isn't much outside of CBeebies land for little ones, a couple of rides in cloud cuckoo land and battle galleons are pretty much it. The hotel and all its shows and events would maybe make up for that though and Alton towers does also have a really good water park you can book separate tickets for.

mamabluestar Fri 07-Jul-17 21:12:39

We've been to Alton Towers several times with my 2. We've gone nearly every year since my youngest was 18 months, usually for 2 days at a time, and they always enjoy it. If you can stretch to staying at Alton Towers they do meet and greets with the characters which will mean you can make the most of your time on the park. We have been to the waterpark too which was good

SharonStrzelecki Mon 10-Jul-17 22:04:51

Thanks both, that's really helpful. I'm wondering whether we should go away from main school holidays, I've also read reviews on TripAdvisor and they mention lots of queuing which wouldn't be fun with little ones!

gluteustothemaximus Mon 10-Jul-17 22:11:41

During school holidays there is too much queuing in my opinion. 45 minutes for iggle piggles boat ride, is a nightmare.

Check out ridetimes.co.uk/?group=Family for the ride times (when alton towers are open) to get an idea of times during week, and weekends.

It will be busy. Even if you go just before the school holidays (which we did one year) it was full of school trips before the break up, so...just as bad!

SharonStrzelecki Tue 11-Jul-17 08:58:27

Thank you gluteus, that's useful to know. I think I'll leave it until the autumn term! Maybe we'll go for a weekend, one of the children has a birthday in October so that might be a better plan.

gluteustothemaximus Tue 11-Jul-17 14:21:40

We used to have Merlin passes, so we know all the theme parks pretty well.

If you live anywhere near Hampshire, would recommend Paultons Park. It is outstanding. Simply amazing. The park is family run, not owned by shareholders or big CEO's interested only in making money, it is clean, rides are fantastic, Peppa Pig World is heaven for little ones....and best of all, queues are brilliant. Even on a Saturday, queue times are at worst 15 minutes.

Yet to see the school holidays, but they don't have a fast track system, so queue times aren't increased.

Having grown up in London, I can honestly say the likes of Legoland and Chessington, are really quite pathetic in comparison.

One good thing about Alton Towers, is they often let you go the next day for about £9 each. So if you do spend the hefty sum getting in one day, you can go back the 2nd day much cheaper.

Have fun whatever you decide! grin

SharonStrzelecki Tue 11-Jul-17 15:44:43

Thanks gluteus. We're in Yorkshire so sadly nowhere near Hampshire! I might have to plan a trip down there at some point though smile

gluteustothemaximus Tue 11-Jul-17 15:56:34

It would be well worth the trip.

Also, there's a Premier Inn, literally 5 minutes from Paultons Park for an overnight stay! smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in