Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with 2018 holiday plan (2 dc ages 16 & 13)

(7 Posts)
northender Sun 25-Jun-17 22:12:24

Our family holidays have up to now mainly been either in this country or Brittany. We're hoping for a trip further afield in July next year but feel a bit overwhelmed with the choices. We're pretty self sufficient and so don't need lots of facilities/entertainment. We prefer self catering, it must be coastal with easy access to sandy (not shingle) beaches and preferably water sports/snorkelling/surfing. Ideally somewhere either in or within an easy walk of a village or small town with at least a couple of bars/restaurants.

So far we've looked at places as close as Portugal (West coast), Menorca, and as far away as the Caribbean (rainy season but then we're used to some rain on holiday).

I would love to hear of any of your experiences and recommendations to help us out smile

langlandgirl Sun 25-Jun-17 22:23:24

South West France (Messanges or Hossegor) Bali, Maldives?

northender Sun 25-Jun-17 22:39:21

langland thanks for that, I'll have a look at those. Some friends went independently to the Maldives last year which looked amazing but the island they went to was dry (as in no alcohol). We don't drink loads on holiday but an odd glass of wine or two with dinner is good.

mummymeister Mon 26-Jun-17 10:56:46

my teens favourite ever holiday was to the west coast of Canada - Vancouver and the rockies. fab time and good weather as well.

northender Mon 26-Jun-17 11:07:30

That's interesting mummy. A while ago I looked at NW US & SW Canada, so Seattle & Vancouver. Will go back and have another look. What sort of stuff did you do while you were there?

northender Mon 26-Jun-17 11:08:49

That's interesting mummy. A while ago I looked at NW US & SW Canada, so Seattle & Vancouver. Will go back and have another look. What sort of stuff did you do while you were there?

Noofly Mon 26-Jun-17 20:52:32

We're doing Vancouver and Whistler next year (our children will also be 13 and 16)- can't wait but it's not a beach holiday. Tons to do though- zip lining, hiking, canoeing, whale watching etc.

I'd suggest Mauritius. Never been but if we weren't doing Vancouver/Whistler that's where we'd be going instead. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now